By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 34 ( Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Well, as a side note, this is a pretty terrible week all around. Hardware plummets after Obon, unsurprisingly, but most noticable for Vita (especially) & Wii-U.

Software is pretty dreadful across the board apart from the evergreen titles. Low for Super Robot Wars; low for Conception; and even 4k worse than we were expecting for W101.

Yikes indeed. This week wasn't fun!

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
W101 will have legs.

If that 30k shipment rumor is true, I doubt retailers will order anything beyond that with this first week.

Wonderful 101 ... it's worse than I could've possibly imagined.

Conegamer said:

Also, a mighty drop for Wii U and Vita. Looks like Vita will sink below 10k again next week. And I was so confident with it the past few weeks.

It might drop there again before Snafu releases in September, but it won't be below 10k next week.

Hey, it beat MadWorld at least.

*sigh*

VGChartz

Around the Network

5K? Oh my... lol

It will take 3 months to sell through that 30k shipment it seems

I've been crunching the numbers.

Looks like W101 had a FW of 1/3rd of Lego City in Japan. In addition, this os the lowest week for Vita since price cut,a and is less than 1k above where it was last year, and we had 2 new games this year.

Depression.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wow, W101 shockingly bad!

Kresnik said:

Conegamer said:

Also, a mighty drop for Wii U and Vita. Looks like Vita will sink below 10k again next week. And I was so confident with it the past few weeks.

It might drop there again before Snafu releases in September, but it won't be below 10k next week.

Perhaps, but this was about a 40% drop over last week with 2 new titles. I know we had the holidays, but I believe it'll be 10,... next week at best sadly.

I mean, it's Jojo week next week right? Nothing for the Vita? 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.