By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata appears at Monster Hunter 4 event in Japan, talks 3DS, teases collaboration with Capcom

Tagged games:

I'm gonna guess Nintendo themed areas or characters that appear in MH4 on certain dates (Capcom has confirmed there will "events" in the game).
Perhaps some Zelda areas?

Around the Network

I still think that there is a Megaman game in the works. It doesn't make much sense to me to have Megaman in Smash without a corresponding game, just to promote old VC games and games on competing platforms. There has to be a game to channel the curiosity that his presence in Smash brings and it has to be beneficial to Nintendo and Capcom.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I emulate what others are saying with MH Wii U...but it must either be Mega Man or Nintendo vs. Capcom.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

animegaming said:
curl-6 said:
Please be a Wii U Monster Hunter...
I know it's not going to be, but a man can dream.

i am still hopping for monster hunter 4 ultimate for Wii U come capcom this is the only time i want you to rehash something 

I personally find it highly likely that this will happen, considering the Wii U port has sold over 400k. The question is, will NA get it.

DevilRising said:
animegaming said:
curl-6 said:
Please be a Wii U Monster Hunter...
I know it's not going to be, but a man can dream.

i am still hopping for monster hunter 4 ultimate for Wii U come capcom this is the only time i want you to rehash something 

I personally find it highly likely that this will happen, considering the Wii U port has sold over 400k. The question is, will NA get it.

Thats very good considering the user base, also capcom stated they were happy with the sales. MH4U would easily sell 800k-1mil on WiiU if sold around the world

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
DevilRising said:
animegaming said:

Thats very good considering the user base, also capcom stated they were happy with the sales. MH4U would easily sell 800k-1mil on WiiU if sold around the world

Unlike MH3 Ultimate, MH4 wouldn't be held back by a lot of Wii owners already owning MH3.

I don't know about Mega Man, could very well be that the only reason he's in Smash is because he was the most requested character ever. MH4U is likely though, it seems Capcom is happy with the series' performance on Nintendo systems. That wouldn't be much of a real collaboration so it must be something else. 'Pokemonster Hunter' as someone mentioned would set Japan on fire though O.O.

I'm eager to find out what's going on! Capcom has a lot of cool franchises.

What about 'Metroid vs. Resident Evil'?

Custom Robo Vs Gotcha Force

What? No one remembers these?

So Iwata kept his promise of collaborating with many 3rd parties. It's a win/win/win situation for Nintendo, the 3rd parties, and us gamers!