By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

kingofwale said:
>that means they don't own the system, right?

System-seller is so overused, reviewers use it all the time, it doesn't mean they will go out and buy another console for it everytime they claim so.

>I just think people are more easily bored today

I like that new perspective, very interest. You think it's the culture of ADD kids (probably from tv watching) that made us all the sudden in love with mini-games with some new method of playing them?

Appearantly some of you are too young to remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Pad

Which also came with some mini games.  I guess this destroyed the gaming world as we know it also huh?  Some of you are just absolutely stuck in a ridiculous mindset. 

"I don't like something I've never played, so logically it's going to destroy the entire gaming industry.  OH NOEZ!"

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I am a Wii owner who is quite happy with the console, but who has no interest in Wii Fit whatsoever.

I am also in that same boat, however I do like that it exists because I feel that it will help out by increasing the popularity of my favorite system, as well as expand the gaming market even more.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

its not just gamers who are being wii's, there's grandparent, moms, they probably all like a game like wii fit. i think its interesting, from a gamers pov i'm excited about this game

ChichiriMuyo said:
KingofWale, you realize that when someone calls a game a system seller to them, that means they don't own the system, right? No, of course you don't. If you did, you'd realize that Stranne was almost certainly implying that he's going to buy the system for WiiFit.

Yes, I thought I stated that I only own an Xbox(1) now and that Wii Fit is the game that will make me (or us) buy a Wii. I have been leaning towards buying a Wii before Wii Fit, but now it's a must buy. And my gf wasn't that interested in getting a Wii (she hasn't tried it though) but now she wants one.

And for the OPs survey, we're 34 (me) and 36 (she). Around 30 lbs overweight each. Feel free to ask more if you're interested.

To me Wii fit is a fad. I liken it to the Ab Swing Pro. People buy it emotionally with good intention... then they forget about it. I think wii fit will be used alot with new mini games over time... But it will get boring over time real fast.

Wii's biggest downfall will be all the crappy peripherals, add-on crap and mini games will over saturate the wii - and make it a dull fad. Well that is my hope :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

The game Wii Fit will sell, no doubt there, but not to the hoards of non-casual Wii gamers. I don't have a Wii but housemate does so play it, when I mentioned it to him, the only aspect that appealed to him was the board itself because of it's use in other games (using as skateboard or even pedals on a car, it's jsut pressure pads after all). I think many will buy it for the board alone.

So, I think the board will be the successful peice of hardware not Wii-Fit the game (much like I think Wii Sports is), like Eye Toy was at first, but over time, limited games for it will restrict it's use.

Hmm, pie.

as everyone should know by now , I'm not a Wii-owner so here is my opinion on Wii-fit:

I can see ,why Wii-owners especially here are excited for it ,because it will sell millions of units and it's fun to see a game on the console of your choice become popular , but as a game it does only seem "fun" not "superb"/"awesome"/"must have" to me , which is clearly a disappoitment considering it's made by THE Miyamoto.
After some hours of learning and mastering the mini-games, I can't see it having enough appeal to make people play it everyday to get atleast a little bit of the promised fitness effect.
As an active DDR player I don't feel any novelty from walking/weight shifting/jumping/whatever infront of my TV-screen either.

@kingofwale... I just want to ask, why can't you use the quote button? are you posting from a restrictive browser (phone?) or something?

regarding Wii Fit, I can't say I was initially interested in the ame at all, but the actual balance board opens up a lot of possibilities for me, and I hope soon that third parties get their asses into gear reagarding some neat ideas.

I have grown a bit more interested in the actual Wii Fit game though, because early on I had only seen videos for the Yoga, the Skiing and the football heading thing, which didn't seem worth it (the skiing looks good but I wasn't going to buy all that just for 1 minigame).
I am in two minds whether to buy it still, but that's mainly because it will be expensive and I rarely spend more than £40 on a game... I imagine I might get it when it is chaper and some other games have included the functionality of the balance board (no doubt all early third party efforts will just be copies of Wii fit, or else hybrids of Wii fit and DDR though)

halil, just wondering.. but how accurate is Eyetoy: Kinetic at figuring out your weight, or which side of your body and direction you lean on... can it tell if when you are doing a pushup, you are putting more pressure on your right hand, and therefore not getting a better work out with your left? Can it calculate your centre of balance when doing any given exercise, and inform you if you are doing it correctly?

Laflel: "After some hours of learning and mastering the mini-games, I can't see it having enough appeal to make people play it everyday to get atleast a little bit of the promised fitness effect."

Yes.. just like people got over wii sports when they mastered it...

You people all probably chose to ignore my link earlier.. but here it is again.. don't post before you watch them, because i know most of you don't actually know what wii fit does..

www.wiifolder.com/tours.html

watch them so you can form a legitimate opinion

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wii fit is a fun game, it isn't a weight loss cure all, but it will help you get active and with the help of a good diet and some other exercise could help you reach your goal

So could a treadmill. Sorry, but Wii Fit won't do much at all in my opinion. I saw the video and all you do is reach, stretch, lean, etc. Theres no movement!