By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TYPO CONFIRMED] GTA V on PS4? Sony UK says so...

Tagged games:

@badgenome

Haha nice. Made me laugh

Around the Network

That R*+SONY relationship is almost dead at this point, I bet.

4 ≈ One

Could very easily be a slip of the finger typo (though you'd think they proof read these tweets :P). None the less a next gen version doesn't seem impossible, and it would make sense for them to not want it announced yet- they don't want the thunder stolen from the current gen version.

Might want to update your thread

Rockstar says Sony's GTAV on PS4 tweet was a typo

August 27, 2013 2:01PM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Publisher says tweet from Sony UK suggesting upcoming open-world game is coming to next-gen system was just a typo.

The official Sony UK Twitter account today suggested Grand Theft Auto Vis coming to the PlayStation 4, but that is not the case, according to Rockstar Games.

A Rockstar Games spokesperson told GameSpot this afternoon that the tweet was just a typo.

Sony UK's tweet was directed at a fan who was enthusiastic about "GTA 5 MIAMI." The company responded by saying "GTA V is going to be amazing, especially on the PS4!"

The company also retweeted a tweet from the same user regarding a PS4 version of GTAV. Sony has since sent a tweet apologizing for the typo.

"Apologies for the typo about GTA V. It's due for release on PS3 on September 17th," the company said.

GTAV launches on September 17 only for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Sony recently apologized to Rockstar Games over a PS3 pre-load leak of the game in Europe.

It doesnt rain but it pours at the moment for sony with Rockstar. Now all we need to find out that Agent has become an Xbox exclusive and all will be complete.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:
It doesnt rain but it pours at the moment for sony with Rockstar. Now all we need to find out that Agent has become an Xbox exclusive and all will be complete.

Sony will leak this info soon I think

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
Madword said:

Sony will leak this info soon I think

Not until after GTAV i suspect, thats if it even still exists. I don't know why Sony cannot just come out and say it exists or it doesnt any more... its been years @_@

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

"Typo" for now anyway.

It was a mistake, IGN said so

No surprises here with the typo. Sony should just stop trying with GTA V after their issues as of late.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.