By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

ethomaz said:

endimion said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that at least not early enough to do anything about it.... why??? because industrial spying could cost them a lot of money if caught and Dev kits a releazed with extensive NDA  for the dev they have serial numbers and are under control until launch I'm quite sure of it.... 

but what is the most intriguing in all that is the AMD-intel lock down running out at the end of sept.... the fact that so much stuff on XB1 has been shown behind closed door and everybody that saw it seems amazed by it... and finally that Ms has been so silent so far and at the same time seems so relaxed about the future of the XB1.... so I'm sure we have yet to see some major info on the XB1... as usual Sony always jump the gun early... noot saying that PS4 won't be more powerful than XB1 but I think as usual MS has more suprises yet to show than Sony... we'll see only a couple weeks left to wait until bombs are droped... It's getting really exciting right now...

AMD-Intel lock down? Bomb? Surprises?

the bombs= each console launch
apparently AMD has some kind of NDA with MS tied in with the 3billion deal they made with Ms and it runs out end of sept...
and surprises.. well we have seen the full story on MS side I'm sure of it... it's an habit with MS for almost every business they touch.. they like to be mysterious almost to the end...

but then again the behind close door demo that wowed the press is what intrigues me the most.... because at the end it's all about the games... I'd rather have XB1 turn out to be less powerful than expected but with amazing games than it turn out more powerful than PS4 in practice and have average bland games... and I hope the PS fan feel the same.... for their own sake

Around the Network

Nsanity said:

OP doesn't understand any of it either, but he likes to copy and paste other peoples comments and act like they are his own.

lol I'm not like u.

Seem my comments in GAF dude before to talk bullshit.

Well that was a very interesting read. Sept cannot come fast enough to see all of these bombs flying all over the place. A discrete GPU hidden within 3 layers of silicone. Man you got to love new consoles. Rumors start to go all over the place.

Oh well, at least hot chips showed that the X1 chip is actually a beast of design and big sucka. I remember a quote from one of MS execs stating that wouldn't be funny if on paper a chip looks weaker than their competitor but end up being the stronger chip (paraphrase). I forget the guy name Geen something.

endimion said:

apparently AMD has some kind of NDA with MS tied in with the 3billion deal they made with Ms and it runs out end of sept...
and surprises.. well we have seen the full story on MS side I'm sure of it... it's an habit with MS for almost every business they touch.. they like to be mysterious almost to the end...

but then again the behind close door demo that wowed the press is what intrigues me the most.... because at the end it's all about the games... I'd rather have XB1 turn out to be less powerful than expected but with amazing games than it turn out more powerful than PS4 in practice and have average bland games... and I hope the PS fan feel the same.... for their own sake

Games...

Killzone looks better than anything showed in Xbone... inFAMOUS a level ahead Killzone... DriveClub new build looks better than Forza 5... sure.

There are not 29th September special sauce.

Nsanity said:
Wright said:

Ethomaz, I need explanation. I can't understand anything of this.

OP doesn't understand any of it either, but he likes to copy and paste other peoples comments and act like they are his own.

well to be fair he is a real PS fan but not a rabbid one....

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

endimion said:

Games...

Killzone looks better than anything showed in Xbone... inFAMOUS a level ahead Killzone... DriveClub new build looks better than Forza 5... sure.

There are not 29th September special sauce.

What build of DriveClub did you see? Any videos?

Cause Forza 5 looks incredibly good. Even with its baked lighting.

Trying to follow this thread makes the Cell look easy to program for...
With all those dedicated audio processors, can we have uncompressed 192khz, 24bit, 7.1 in games :)

Nsanity said:
Wright said:

Ethomaz, I need explanation. I can't understand anything of this.

There are several people in this thread who really seem to know there stuff, the op is definetly one of them.  Why say otherwise?

Hynad said:

The only thing better in Forza 5 was the cars... everything else is better on DriveClub.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166787

ethomaz said:

Hynad said:

The only thing better in Forza 5 was the cars... everything else is better on DriveClub.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166787

Forza 5 is 60FPS and Driveclub is how many?