By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

Wright said:
Hynad said:
Imaginedvl said:

Yah noticed that lately with his posts... Especially when he posts stuffs about Microsoft/Xbox :)

I'm actually really wondering why he is still posting news about Microsoft/Xbox while being completly biased toward Sony/Playstation... Kind of sad you did not started this thread Nsanity!

Why? If he had started it, he would have posted the news and wouldn't have made any worthwhile comment about it. Copy and paste is all he does...

He gives insightful comments and remarks from time to time, though.

I must have missed those...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

endimion said:

the bombs= each console launch
apparently AMD has some kind of NDA with MS tied in with the 3billion deal they made with Ms and it runs out end of sept...
and surprises.. well we have seen the full story on MS side I'm sure of it... it's an habit with MS for almost every business they touch.. they like to be mysterious almost to the end...

but then again the behind close door demo that wowed the press is what intrigues me the most.... because at the end it's all about the games... I'd rather have XB1 turn out to be less powerful than expected but with amazing games than it turn out more powerful than PS4 in practice and have average bland games... and I hope the PS fan feel the same.... for their own sake

Games...

Killzone looks better than anything showed in Xbone... inFAMOUS a level ahead Killzone... DriveClub new build looks better than Forza 5... sure.

There are not 29th September special sauce.

I do not agree... KZ structure helps it look bettr but has nothing impressive concidering that ... inFAMOUS looks great but not perfect yet and I competely desagree with DC vs forza...

but we'll see 7 to 8 weeks to go

Thanks for sharing this ethomaz, all of this just convinced me to go and preorder a Xbox One. Microsoft should hire you, you're doing a good job on marketing their console (:

WrathofTank said:
Nsanity said:
Wright said:

Ethomaz, I need explanation. I can't understand anything of this.

OP doesn't understand any of it either, but he likes to copy and paste other peoples comments and act like they are his own.

There are several people in this thread who really seem to know there stuff, the op is definetly one of them.  Why say otherwise?

because to be fair he said it himself that he doesn't get the tech talk that much (paraphrasing) and there is nothing wrong posting info you don't understand completely... the point being to share your find

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Bull confirmed.

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/131608.html?thread=3832600#t3832600

I loved the hopes... the guy was wrong... he was thinking the Xbone and PS4 have another GPU, a discrete one.

That's not the supposed insider. That's just someone commenting.

Not bull, not confirmed.

But nice try and linking to an incorrect post out of context to trick people?

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

Forza 5 is 60FPS and Driveclub is how many?

There are a lot of things happening in DriveClub screen than Forza 5... even so the game will end up 60fps.

What I have found out about video games, no one really cares how much one game is doing over the other, its always the end result.   People keep saying driveclub will be 60 but it does seem a stretch when the game could barly pull off 30 during E3.  For a launch game there must be a lot of work thats going to be needed to jump from sub 30 to 60FPS

bananaking21 said:
can somebody explain what the fuck is going on around here?

Absolutely nothing.

All that should be happening here is that people should accept the leaked hardware as fact now. Given that this is the first time MS has confirmed the numbers.

There was also a completely inaccurate post about how Sony lied and MS really has 5tflops of performance in its console....or something like that.

The guy who made up the rumour has admitted he was wrong, but people on Vgc seem to still believe him....not sure why though o.O

Anyways move right along nothing new here. Although seem people want to believe that there is.

Also the specs are NOT better than what was rumoured. People still seem to be adding up the bandwidth willy nilly, when in reality no two parts of the Xbone system has 200+ GB/s bandiwidth between them. All spin. All day.

I also read somewhere in this thread that PS4 has 3.2tflops of performance overall...again more bullshit.

Its amazing how technology illiterate the VGC community is. Threads like these just prove it.

Edit: Nvm the guy didnt admit he was wrong. But that is some crazy bullshit thats for sure. I can also make up random rumours i guess. But anyways lets see how this plays out If it actually does turn out that MS has all that power but cant talk about it then wow this will be a massive story come end of the year.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

bananaking21 said:

Lots of glorious popcorn worthy entertainment :'D

Zekkyou said:
bananaking21 said:

Lots of glorious popcorn worthy entertainment :'D

ehh nothng to special. just make a thread asking people for their opinions about what they think is best, forza or GT. then you would get a theard filled with glorious popcorn entertainment, which you could actually understand too