By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

This seems like a thread we would all read last year on here when all the rumors were floating around.

Around the Network

Better slide...

http://www.techhive.com/article/2047482/xbox-ones-massive-custom-cpu-can-pick-you-out-of-a-lineup.html

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

I think this is the current state that Microsoft wants everyone to feel about their console.

As stated in this article - http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/26/microsoft-disclosed-details-for-the-main-processor-and-the-kinect-image-processor-in-the-xbox-one-video-game-console-today-at-a-chip-design-conference-those-details-are-critical-for-the-kind-of-expe/

"Microsoft disclosed some details but left many important pieces out. Evidently, Microsoft doesn’t want to tell all of its competitors about how well designed its system is."

I'm sure Sony have a Xbone DevKit like MS have a PS4 one... they know what one or other have... MS can hidden from the public but I can't see that from Sony and vice-versa.

I wouldn't be so sure about that at least not early enough to do anything about it.... why??? because industrial spying could cost them a lot of money if caught and Dev kits a releazed with extensive NDA  for the dev they have serial numbers and are under control until launch I'm quite sure of it....

but what is the most intriguing in all that is the AMD-intel lock down running out at the end of sept.... the fact that so much stuff on XB1 has been shown behind closed door and everybody that saw it seems amazed by it... and finally that Ms has been so silent so far and at the same time seems so relaxed about the future of the XB1.... so I'm sure we have yet to see some major info on the XB1... as usual Sony always jump the gun early... noot saying that PS4 won't be more powerful than XB1 but I think as usual MS has more suprises yet to show than Sony... we'll see only a couple weeks left to wait until bombs are droped... It's getting really exciting right now...

endimion said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that at least not early enough to do anything about it.... why??? because industrial spying could cost them a lot of money if caught and Dev kits a releazed with extensive NDA  for the dev they have serial numbers and are under control until launch I'm quite sure of it.... 

but what is the most intriguing in all that is the AMD-intel lock down running out at the end of sept.... the fact that so much stuff on XB1 has been shown behind closed door and everybody that saw it seems amazed by it... and finally that Ms has been so silent so far and at the same time seems so relaxed about the future of the XB1.... so I'm sure we have yet to see some major info on the XB1... as usual Sony always jump the gun early... noot saying that PS4 won't be more powerful than XB1 but I think as usual MS has more suprises yet to show than Sony... we'll see only a couple weeks left to wait until bombs are droped... It's getting really exciting right now...

AMD-Intel lock down? Bomb? Surprises?

Somebody in GAF quoted me about the picture I posted...

SATA 2?

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
realgamer said:
More information

Insider Daily: Xbox is w2w APU + discrete hi-end GPU + future proof tech from 2014-2015 PCs

misterxmedia
August 25th, 18:03
Insider: Congratulations on getting married....m

Well I guess you realise the unjustified hate sony has spread throughout the industry, has had a huge impact on Microsoft and its xbox brand. It has seen ms hardened up on nda and even resigned some of the bosses in control of xbox. The last 4 months has been to risky to contact you.. with the stricken rules... I would have risked way to much. But the best way to let you know the truth was to work harder then I ever have. The people behind the xbox brand stand buy the truth we do not play media games with sony... the pudding is in the mix with regards to how powerful said box really is. And credibility is out the window with sony. The games and devotion that xbox has with the one. Is even more a driving force then with windows. .. the games will speak for them selves. The xbox one is extremely powerful and it really does pack the graphics raw performance of the high end pc markets.... And it is more powerful then 1.85tf .. the people why think it is
1.2/3 are fooling the selves. I expect a few well known forums to start putting out the trash.... Hotchips will show enough to prove that sony have lied...

w2wapu + dgpu 680gtx level gains...:) and a new designed ddr3 hsa+ gcn2.0 + :)

/end of chat so far/

Misterx: In other words Xbox One specs have not changed since Febrary 2013(APU is a system SoC that VGleaked and dGPU is application SoC - 2x8950 level GPUs tapped together) and Xbox One is a 5TF paper beast with optimisation and other new tech will equal to PCs 5TFx2=10TF. Here is a link about what w2w is about http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/114613.html?thread=1524661. Some pictures from the link:

Is that why forza has baked lighting and no weather effects? ◔_◔

Did you see the part where this dude claimed that because of such crazy strict NDA's, developers are forced to show a crappier version of their game and can only show the full glory after September 29th or something?

Still probably all hogwash, but interesting if even remotely true.

If MS did pull off something like this, with a discrete graphics chip hidden in the final designs, it would definitely help explain the $500 cost and would give them a much more powerful and long lasting system. However, it would also mean they would still be losing $100 or more for each launch console. I guess that's not much different from the 360 when it launched though. And assuming no RRoD incident, they'd still be on track to finally put the Xbox Division historically in the black and then some!

Eh, this is all just crazy wishful thinking, though.

I wouldn't be proud to be quoted on the GAF... it's like a troll Vs orc fest over there... with a bunch of pseudo insider that must be nothing more than the janitor or the guy that must debug code like a chinese shoe maker....

An interesting thread I like reading about all the technical specifications, thanks to the OP for posting this.

endimion said:
I wouldn't be proud to be quoted on the GAF... it's like a troll Vs orc fest over there... with a bunch of pseudo insider that must be nothing more than the janitor or the guy that must debug code like a chinese shoe maker....

Proud? I just posted that because the guy saw SATA 2 before me lol and it is true.

Wright said:

Ethomaz, I need explanation. I can't understand anything of this.

OP doesn't understand any of it either, but he likes to copy and paste other peoples comments and act like they are his own.