By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

The only thing I can tell from all of this is either this is marketing gobbledegook or the Xbone is more powerful than the unofficial released specs. I mean for example the bandwidth was 102GBs with ESRAM and 68.3Gbs with DDR3 RAM then there were leaks revealing the ESRAM could achieve a theoretical 192GBs now it's even higher with a combined total of 264GBs?

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
The only thing I can tell from all of this is either this is marketing gobbledegook or the Xbone is more powerful than the unofficial released specs. I mean for example the bandwidth was 102GBs with ESRAM and 68.3Gbs with DDR3 RAM then there were leaks revealing the ESRAM could achieve a theoretical 192GBs now it's even higher with a combined total of 264GBs?

The eSRAM boosted to 109GB/s after the 853Mhz... 204GB/s semms to be some typo... 204GB/s is the maxium theorical bandwidth of the eSRAM.

looks better than what was being said a few months ago with all the downclock talk i remember some heated threads about that. its still all nerd shit until the damn consoles actually come out and give it a year before games really show off the next gen.

Well, another day and another bit of information that people on both sides declare means something that is completely the opposite. When will we learn that there will be NO ANSWER to this question before November for sure. Even then, it will be debated for years again.

Around the Network

So.....can I put any of this into google translate or......

Seriously lol, I don't understand any of this. Basically it's good tech ya?

Angelus said:
So.....can I put any of this into google translate or......

Seriously lol, I don't understand any of this. Basically it's good tech ya?

I think this is the current state that Microsoft wants everyone to feel about their console.

As stated in this article - http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/26/microsoft-disclosed-details-for-the-main-processor-and-the-kinect-image-processor-in-the-xbox-one-video-game-console-today-at-a-chip-design-conference-those-details-are-critical-for-the-kind-of-expe/

"Microsoft disclosed some details but left many important pieces out. Evidently, Microsoft doesn’t want to tell all of its competitors about how well designed its system is."

disolitude said:

I think this is the current state that Microsoft wants everyone to feel about their console.

As stated in this article - http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/26/microsoft-disclosed-details-for-the-main-processor-and-the-kinect-image-processor-in-the-xbox-one-video-game-console-today-at-a-chip-design-conference-those-details-are-critical-for-the-kind-of-expe/

"Microsoft disclosed some details but left many important pieces out. Evidently, Microsoft doesn’t want to tell all of its competitors about how well designed its system is."

I'm sure Sony have a Xbone DevKit like MS have a PS4 one... they know what one or other have... MS can hidden from the public but I can't see that from Sony and vice-versa.

Interesting read. So basically, the XBO packs a bit more punch than what most people expected. While theoretically not reaching PS4's level. 

That being said, based on what's being revealed here, I think that in practical use the XBO will come to parity with the PS4, or close enough to it.

I would like if Sony did a run down of the PS4 specs like MS did just there.

ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

I'm sure Sony have a Xbone DevKit like MS have a PS4 one... they know what one or other have... MS can hidden from the public but I can't see that from Sony and vice-versa.

As both machines are in production, I really don't think there is anything either can do about it. 

Who was the guy saying Sony lied and was spewing crap - in the very difficult to read text? That guy should get alot of grief - basically trying to cause some kind of fanboy wars. That bullshit is just not needed. One machine may or may not be more powerful, we don't need fools spreading conspiracy theories... that it's all because Sony lied. They havent said anything about MS's machine.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!