By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ni no Kuni has sold 1.4 Million Units on DS and PS3

I wonder if it has sold more in Japan if the DS version didnt come out a year earlier?

Around the Network
manuel said:

Yes, there was a DS version, but it's not the same game.
It's actually quite beautiful and came with an awesome spell book.

didnt that same book come with PS3s limited edition, obviously translated to English.

wish i could read Jp so i could play the DS version

Whoa ... the ghost posted a normal thread. Keep posting Casper! We like you here. xD As for the info ... good stuff. I bought it on PS3 and love it. Can't wait to see more from them.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Dayum.

Why can't the Tales of games get this much attention?

brendude13 said:
Dayum.

Why can't the Tales of games get this much attention?

Xillia could be the best selling in the franchise so thats a plus. also you dont have the power of Ghibli to sell your game

Around the Network
think-man said:
I wonder if it has sold more in Japan if the DS version didnt come out a year earlier?

Most likely yes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

strange sales numbers

i've heard that the ds version isn't good at all but sold 4x more than the ps3 version that is very good?

SxyxS said:
strange sales numbers

i've heard that the ds version isn't good at all but sold 4x more than the ps3 version that is very good?

The DS version of the game sold a hell of a lot in the opening 10 Weeks, it just had relatively poor legs.

The game doesnt actually look too different to the PS3 version, but its obviously held back by poor DS hardware. I think it would have done quite well with a Western DS release.

All in all, I think they should have moved the DS version to 3DS and had a simultaneous PS3DS release.

New IP, a JRPG and 800k worldwide for PS3, pretty amazing! almost on Demon Souls level

SxyxS said:
strange sales numbers

It came out on the DS first with aggressive marketing and a 600k shipment and then a year later released on the PS3. Most of the hype was dead by then considering that Level 5 failed to differentiate both games and the DS version received mixed reviews.

The story in both games are similar as well as most settings and characters/monsters. The one thing that's different between both versions is the gameplay and the production values. The PS3 version had motion captured cutscenes as well as animated cutscenes by Studio Ghibli.

I'm glad the game did so well oversea. Should teach Nintendo a thing or two.