By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why They Are Excited For Killer Instinct?

Are You Excited About This Game?

Yes 74 37.56%

No 95 48.22%

A little 22 11.17%

See results 6 3.05%

Total:197

I played a shit ton of the original games and I've been wanting a new game in the series.

Either way, quit worrying about what others want to play. If it doesn't interest you go play something else and stop whining.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Pricing model kills any interest this game might have generated for me. I am honestly not a fighting game fan though, so I was never really that interested.

Free to play ruins games!

It's free to play one character. That's hardly free to play. What negative do you see in allowing players to purchase as much of the game as they want to, or can afford to, whenever they want to do so? That seems like a huge plus to me.

I'm not big on fighters but it's easy to see why people are excited, great visuals, nostalgia, gameplay, etc. People are happy that a beloved franchise is coming back

Mr Puggsly said:
I played a shit ton of the original games and I've been wanting a new game in the series.

Either way, quit worrying about what others want to play. If it doesn't interest you go play something else and stop whining.

Its one of those games I want to be excited for but I'm not so I was just curios why other people are.  Looks like the main reason is I never played the original so it has no nostalgia for me

JayWood2010 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fast paced, huge combos, great artstyle, nostalgia, great technical fighter like some of the top dogs.

PS there is 8 characters at launch and 8 more coming in season 2. They are supporting beyond launch for years is what they said.

Now it is fine you dont care for it but then again no reason to keep voicing your opinion about it if you dont like it.  We get it.

Well lets be honest most fighters are fast paced, I don't think fighting games are made to be slow paced.  Also what specifically makes you say its a great technical fighter when compared to other fighters?

What is a big fighter that is fast paced?  Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter is mid to slow paced.  Dead or Alive is fast with short combos.  Soul Calibur and Tekken isnt like Killer Instinct.  Am i missing any other big fighting game?  I cant think of one big fighter that is as fast paced as Killer Instinct except Marvel vs Capcom

If you dont like Killer Instinct then move on and forget about it.  People like different things.

Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena, Smash Bros Melee and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.  

Honestly, I don't see KI as being that fast.  The only thing that seems fast about the game is the speed at which moves cancel into each other in combos.  Overall character movement isn't exceptionally quick or anything.  It's a bit faster than Street Fighter IV AE, but not really by much.  Kind of middle of the pack in terms of speed.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:

What is a big fighter that is fast paced?  Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter is mid to slow paced.  Dead or Alive is fast with short combos.  Soul Calibur and Tekken isnt like Killer Instinct.  Am i missing any other big fighting game?

If you dont like Killer Instinct then move on and forget about it.  People like different things.

Virtua Fighter is pretty fast. 

Well in VF5 the attacks are fast, but the characters move kinda slow and feel clunky. Especially when compared to something like DOA.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Because 6 character fighters made by devs that haven't made a single good game, let alone have knowledge of the FGC, means that this will be amazing.

Woops almost forgot my sarcasm face :^)

Panama said:

Because 6 character fighters made by devs that haven't made a single good game, let alone have knowledge of the FGC, means that this will be amazing.

Good call. No one that isn't already an established developer for a specific genre should make games. There's no possible way that they could possibly succeed!

We should just stick to the same franchises by the same devs for the rest of enternity.

Lulz said:
gergroy said:
Pricing model kills any interest this game might have generated for me. I am honestly not a fighting game fan though, so I was never really that interested.

Free to play ruins games!

It's free to play one character. That's hardly free to play. What negative do you see in allowing players to purchase as much of the game as they want to, or can afford to, whenever they want to do so? That seems like a huge plus to me.

I guess you will find out the negatives when you start playing this game and youare ALWAYS fighting the same character!

Lulz said:
Panama said:

Good call. No one that isn't already an established developer for a specific genre should make games. There's no possible way that they could possibly succeed!

We should just stick to the same franchises by the same devs for the rest of enternity.

Fighting games are like fine wine, if you mess it up you get games like KoFXII