By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - W101 is going to be a gargantuan flop

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:

oniyide said:

How the hell the does a game like W101 have a bigger budget than Bayonetta. its only on one system and it doesnt seem like its using an insane engine either. 

It is pretty bizarre.

It doesn't use expensive voice actors or lots of licensed music either. Where on earth did all the money go?

Kamiya is probably in a bar as we speak spending it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

oniyide said:

How the hell the does a game like W101 have a bigger budget than Bayonetta. its only on one system and it doesnt seem like its using an insane engine either. 

It is pretty bizarre.

It doesn't use expensive voice actors or lots of licensed music either. Where on earth did all the money go?

Probably not, but there seem to be some very good, experienced VAs in the lead roles (for the English version). By that, I mean Roger Craig Smith and Tara Strong.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
curl-6 said:

oniyide said:

It is pretty bizarre.

Probably not, but there seem to be some very good, experienced VAs in the lead roles (for the English version). By that, I mean Roger Craig Smith and Tara Strong.

I'm not knocking ther VA, just saying, when games use voice actors like Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Ed Harris, Daniel Craig,  Sam Worthington, Lance Henriksen, Malcolm McDowell, etc you know where big chunk of the money went. ;)

curl-6 said:
F0X said:
curl-6 said:

oniyide said:

It is pretty bizarre.

I'm not knocking ther VA, just saying, when games use voice actors like Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Ed Harris, Daniel Craig,  Sam Worthington, Lance Henriksen, Malcolm McDowell, etc you know where big chunk of the money went. ;)

All the wrong places.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
curl-6 said:
F0X said:
curl-6 said:

oniyide said:

It is pretty bizarre.

All the wrong places.

as much as i love hearing Ice Cube's voice in COD, i kind of agree, but thats a series that can afford it.

Around the Network

the only genuinely worthwhile celebrity VA is stephen fry for the LBP series, because he virtually makes that game.
every other VA from a famous person detracts from the games characters.

Nyleveia said:
the only genuinely worthwhile celebrity VA is stephen fry for the LBP series, because he virtually makes that game.
every other VA from a famous person detracts from the games characters.

That only happens if the directors cast them to use their voice vs. actually getting an actor to voice act a character (this isn't exclusive to celebrities, most American VA only have one voice).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Shocking?

I little bit early to say. Everybody said the same about ZombiU and it reached 500k, with a good attach rate of 16 %.

W101 is not meant to be a system seller or a million seller. It´s not an expensive production so I believe it if manages to sell around the same as ZombiU and Lego City it will be enough to give Platinum some profits.

Any guesses about digital sales of this game?

W101 flopped hard in EU. Nintendo sold only 6,834 copies of the game. Thats only 200 copies more than in Japan. Game won't sell good in USA either (GTA V week) so it safe to say that W101 won't sell 100k lifetime. Basically this game only interest hardcore-hardcore nintendo fans. Gamers won't pay 60 dollars/euros for a game that looks and plays like iOS/Android 1$ game.

My prediction of lifetime sales: 30 - 50k WW (with digital)

Moderated,

-Mr Khan