By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 Will Fail at converting Xbox fans..

Chandler said:

You forgot the community. I hate Microsoft with a passion, have never touched an xbox controller and have never played any exclusive game and yet right now I would rather buy an Xbox One(I won't, PC master race is already ahead of next gen) before associating myself with *that* crowd. I'm sure that I am not the only one feeling this way. Poster above me is a good example.

I understand what you're saying.  I want a 3DS but when I think of some of the posters here, the way they make angry, bitter little posts like yours for no reason at all, it makes it really, really hard to pull the trigger.  Oh, and I especially don't want to wear a tinfoil hat.  That looks is so beat-up.  And the non-stop Vita trolling, that's annoying.  And the crazy hyper-defensiveness.

Damn.  

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

That's hardly exclusive to any one group of gamers (or any single console community). There are fuckwits in every gaming community.

Nope, that's a PS4 exclusive. And after that awful Gamescom it looks like the only one we've got, so I wouldn't be so quick to disown it.

OP, that is some grand insight and formulation, right there. Good job.

anthony64641 said:

The PS4 Will Fail at converting all Xbox 360 Fans to Sony. Ever Since the Ps4 was first release, friends of mine began to believe that the PS4 will take the whole Xbox Fanbase. heres a few reasons why i believe this Will not happen.

1)Micosoft exclusives, With great games like halo and gears of war that are not on any sony platforms

2) Xbox live, ever since Sony got hack many still believe that there online infrastructure is bad and that Xbox live is more reliable.

3) The Controller, many believe the Xbox 360 is the best controller since the SNES. And the Xbox one only improves on that.

So do you still believe that the PS4 will take the whole Xbox Fanbase?

1)  That depends on personal taste and is true of every console.

2)  That's probably true.  Even if PSN and LIVE were exactly equal, some would believe otherwise.  However, LIVE is the much more dangerous ecosystem.  It's absolutely filled with predators and social engineers.  Because of the way Microsoft links accounts across services, a Microsoft account can be a valuable thing to steal and sell.  Grab your info off facebook, keep calling until you can trick a support rep, and bam.

3)  This one kind of makes me chuckle.  I'm sure it's true, but as someone who has been playing since the Atari joystick, you could tape some buttons to a cat and I'd still play the hell out of it.  All the controllers now are good.  The games are far more important.

As for the last question, no, I don't think anyone thought that.  People stick to what they know and have invested time in.  Most people aren't going to give up their friends list and achievements and just start over.

Dgc1808 said:
"The PS4 Will Fail at converting all Xbox 360 Fans to Sony."

Why the fuck does this need a thread?!

"friends of mine began to believe that the PS4 will take the whole Xbox Fanbase."

Your friends aren't too bright.

That's kind of what I was thinking, if you start with a statement that is stupid on its face it's easy to disprove it, but I'm not sure anyone has actually ever said that seriously.  

Around the Network

very few ps2 owners were loyal to sony in the last gen transition. very few 360 owners (or ps3 owners for that matter) will be loyal to MS (or sony) either.

...a vast majority of console owners aren't fans of the system for rather fans of games (including 3rd parties). they have no loyalties and will go where the games go and will go to the system that provides the best value proposition.

MS, Sony, and Nintendo can probably count on ~15M sales in loyal fans. everyone additional sale is up for grabs to the best product on the market.

The short answer is NO.

Too many people who aren't gaming nerds that could give a shit about anything M$ or Sony have said up until 2-3 weeks before launch. Very few people will even be aware of the 180's by then. It will come down to marketing/launch titles and the demo units at the stores. Unless the PS4 can visibly demonstrate a difference right away, the "perceived" power advantage for the PS4 will only be in the fanboy heads.

True, it was mostly the Xbox One that converted the Xbox fans

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Ps4 better than xbox one. The exclusives games on xbox one only FPS game ( Halo, Gear of War ) and always likes that. Ps4 otherwise have more vary games and RPG.
Forza Motor Sport will not help sinces Gran Turismo gonna crush it.
Besides of that Microsoft make blunder about "must online checking" and copyright issue. Even they already cancel it but this foolishness sure make a lot of people dissapointed.

I don't know if the people who buy ps2 and didn't buy a ps3 goes to xbox if it's the case i expect that this people will back to ps4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m