By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is the vita doing after the price drop?

Ajescent said:
This price drop happened less than a week ago and you already expect to see an impact in sales? wow, I suppose we should expect to see it overthrow the ps3 in terms of sales by next month. I sometimes feel as if I'm the only one who understands the concept of time.

tbf 3ds went from 11k in US to 52k (price cut on friday meaning 2 days of price cut) and the following week sold 92k! Remember this is without a game!!!

Around the Network

well some dude bought a Vita memory card from my local store so i guess that counts.

Vita hardware, software and memory sticks all are doing very well at Amazon US and UK. In US, Vita Wifi went up at #32 bestseller immediately after the announcement. After that I saw it at #51(3 days later), #59(1 day after that) and now its at #96, ahead of almost all hardware. Also 32GB and 16GB memory cards are doing well.
Its doing even better at Amazon UK as immediately after Gamescom it was at #17 bestseller, then #40(4 days later) and now its at #92. Also KZ Mercenary went up at #18 in bestseller list, then #21(2 days later), #18 again(1 day later) and is now at #22, right below KZ: SF. Also 32GB memory stick as currently at #17.

I purchased one for my son for Xmas, but this was already price discounted before Gamescom (the games bundles were already £169).

When i popped into HMV the other two or three bundles they had were gone, and all that were left were the undiscounted £229 packs. Dont really understand why they havent discounted them yet. So i expect a very small bump right now.. which is a shame. But there just isnt any big name games that you would get one for, I love my vita and hardware wise its above and beyond the 3DS, but without any major titles it will be a hard push.

Where is the Final Fantasy, GTA level games... they need some big franchises on there.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
I purchased one for my son for Xmas, but this was already price discounted before Gamescom (the games bundles were already £169).

When i popped into HMV the other two or three bundles they had were gone, and all that were left were the undiscounted £229 packs. Dont really understand why they havent discounted them yet. So i expect a very small bump right now.. which is a shame. But there just isnt any big name games that you would get one for, I love my vita and hardware wise its above and beyond the 3DS, but without any major titles it will be a hard push.

Where is the Final Fantasy, GTA level games... they need some big franchises on there.

Xmas! man thats still ages away!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
JoeTheBro said:
I have a social media app on my phone that allows me to quickly see what the casuals are thinking. In the past month or so I didn't see a single person mention PS Vita. Since gamescom like 5 people have already asked if they should go vita or 3ds. Its sales will be huge*

*relatively.

Huge??? i thought it might be like 35k but every1 seems to think much less, if its 20k after the price cut vita is in trouble imo, i kno it'll spike with killzone but still.... 

I don't know why you have such faith here TBone. I've seen nothing to suggest we will have a 3DS-esque boost, and NPD reports sorta suggest that the system isn't at the forefront of people's minds right now. The cut will get the handful of people who were not jumping in because of price instead of SW to make the plunge, but that's it. Retailers have lost faith in the system, and even with the cut it ain't advertised in store. So you wouldn't even know, unless you follow gaming. 

Killzone couldroducd a spike, but it's a franchise which isn't as big as others. And, there's another KZ coming for PS4 as well. It should double sales, but it won't be a prolonged boost.

So yeah. Had both happened at the same time, like with what happened in Japan, I could see the boost temporarily at least reversing its fortunes. But only one or the other will make little impact, I fear. Hope Im wrong, but...well. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
JoeTheBro said:
I have a social media app on my phone that allows me to quickly see what the casuals are thinking. In the past month or so I didn't see a single person mention PS Vita. Since gamescom like 5 people have already asked if they should go vita or 3ds. Its sales will be huge*

*relatively.

Huge??? i thought it might be like 35k but every1 seems to think much less, if its 20k after the price cut vita is in trouble imo, i kno it'll spike with killzone but still.... 

I don't know why you have such faith here TBone. I've seen nothing to suggest we will have a 3DS-esque boost, and NPD reports sorta suggest that the system isn't at the forefront of people's minds right now. The cut will get the handful of people who were not jumping in because of price instead of SW to make the plunge, but that's it. Retailers have lost faith in the system, and even with the cut it ain't advertised in store. So you wouldn't even know, unless you follow gaming. 

Killzone couldroducd a spike, but it's a franchise which isn't as big as others. And, there's another KZ coming for PS4 as well. It should double sales, but it won't be a prolonged boost.

So yeah. Had both happened at the same time, like with what happened in Japan, I could see the boost temporarily at least reversing its fortunes. But only one or the other will make little impact, I fear. Hope Im wrong, but...well. 

i think i am overestimating it, i just remember japan's 5k-8k to 50k-60k after price cut, but then again it had SS and PSO on it those weeks. I still think if vita doesn't sell 20k+ they are screwed, the 32gig memory helps out but $100 to $80 aint much imo, i thought they cut it by half o.O

Tom3k said:
orniletter said:

...and a Walking Dead Bundle...really, Sony ? That game can be bought for less than 20 bucks on anything else (PS360, PC...even iOS ?!)

Walking Dead + 400 Days is actually 24,99$ on Vita both digital and retail.

Nope, the digital Vita-version is $19.99. Which is a fair price, the only other mobile version (iOS) for Season 1 + 400 days ain't cheaper.

think-man said:
Madword said:

No way!!!! ;) - well always good to start a little before the big expenses of December... want to spread the cost a little bit :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
think-man said:
Madword said:

No way!!!! ;) - well always good to start a little before the big expenses of December... want to spread the cost a little bit :)

Hahaha fair enough! what games are yah getting him?