By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How is the vita doing after the price drop?

coolguy said:
its only been a week give it time. once fall and winter rolls around sales will pick up

But then you'll have Pokemon, and almost anyone would choose a system with Pokemon over one without.

If momentum isn't built in the next 6 weeks, I don't see it being built in the next 6 years (in the West, particularly America).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I don't think Vita will suddenly start selling like hotcakes. A slow but steady climb however is very possible and even likely.

Panama said:
Pricedrop doesn't hit here until the 2nd September.

Who told you this ? The price is already 199 dollars ! You just maybe saw a Killzone Bundle at that price.

And about the OP: it shouldn't be a remarkable performance anyways. Let's hope this will change by the release of Killzone.

Edit: sorry i didn't see "here", where you live fella ?

I have a social media app on my phone that allows me to quickly see what the casuals are thinking. In the past month or so I didn't see a single person mention PS Vita. Since gamescom like 5 people have already asked if they should go vita or 3ds. Its sales will be huge*

*relatively.

orniletter said:

...and a Walking Dead Bundle...really, Sony ? That game can be bought for less than 20 bucks on anything else (PS360, PC...even iOS ?!)

Walking Dead + 400 Days is actually 24,99$ on Vita both digital and retail.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I have a social media app on my phone that allows me to quickly see what the casuals are thinking. In the past month or so I didn't see a single person mention PS Vita. Since gamescom like 5 people have already asked if they should go vita or 3ds. Its sales will be huge*

*relatively.

Huge??? i thought it might be like 35k but every1 seems to think much less, if its 20k after the price cut vita is in trouble imo, i kno it'll spike with killzone but still.... 

SnowPrince said:
Panama said:
Pricedrop doesn't hit here until the 2nd September.

Who told you this ? The price is already 199 dollars ! You just maybe saw a Killzone Bundle at that price.

And about the OP: it shouldn't be a remarkable performance anyways. Let's hope this will change by the release of Killzone.

Edit: sorry i didn't see "here", where you live fella ?

I come from a land down under.

it needs games...... it has literally no big releases so far this year

mM
leo-j said:
it needs games...... it has literally no big releases so far this year

Yes but it has a huge one in a week. That could be a huge tolipping point for lots of people on the fence.

This price drop happened less than a week ago and you already expect to see an impact in sales? wow, I suppose we should expect to see it overthrow the ps3 in terms of sales by next month. I sometimes feel as if I'm the only one who understands the concept of time.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?