By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs Gran Turismo 6: What will Score higher this year?

fighter said:

But the racing physics and sound engines are more advanced on Forza series since a while now, no ?

Only the lighting is more realistic in GT series.

Sound system more boosted than real life? Yes... if that means better... GT5 have a sound more close to real-life but that not really great just good... the sound engine will change in GT6.

Racing physics? GT5 by a mile... no comparison here... that's the strong point in GT franchise and every review stated that in this points GT5 is ahead everything else.

I agree about the lighting... Forza needs to rebuild the lighting system because this pre-backed lighting was created for Forza 2... not accetable anymore in a next-gen racing.

Around the Network

Forza will continue It's excellence in terms of getting a 90+ score.
Or I will eat a can of spinach.

It's just that simple.

ethomaz said:

fighter said:

But the racing physics and sound engines are more advanced on Forza series since a while now, no ?

Only the lighting is more realistic in GT series.

Sound system more boosted than real life? Yes... if that means better... GT5 have a sound more close to real-life but that not really great just good... the sound engine will change in GT6.

Racing physics? GT5 by a mile... no comparison here... that's the strong point in GT franchise and every review stated that in this points GT5 is ahead everything else.

I agree about the lighting... Forza needs to rebuild the lighting system because this pre-backed lighting was created for Forza 2... not accetable anymore in a next-gen racing.

We all know what your answer would be

No offense but i'm really expecting something factual.

Forza will probably win. Every single turn 10 Forza game has gotten a 90+ score. Polyphony hasn't had a game score 90+ in over a decade.

Simply talking about critical reception, not about my opinion on the games.

fighter said:

We all know what your answer would be

No offense but i'm really expecting something factual.

Sound in GT5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPH5E0WlKeg

Sound needs improviments?  Of couse and PD is working in that department... Forza sound after the record received some boost to feel better and more powerful for the gamer... it is more sexy... I don't know what approach is right for a simulation game (more real-life or more sexy).

Racing/Driving physics? Go and read or watch any reviews... GT5 is better with that... everybody in the world knows that... it is not hard because every site in the google states that.

A video for the buzz... watch afger 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3th4U-I03w

Around the Network

fighter

Here the scores from InsideSimRacing for comparison... what GT5 do better and what Forza 4 do better.

GT5 (before Spec II that really fixed a lot of things) won in Physics, Graphics, Tracks, Force Feedback and AI... three of these makes a Simulator better Physics, Force Feedback and AI... and GT5 Spec II makes the AI and Physics even better.

PS. Forza 3 is a better sim racing than Forza 4 but I won't get into this discussion right now.

GT6 will do better than GT5, like 88 or 90 but Forza will probably do 90-92 do to it being on a next gen console and all.

Forza because it will be new. But GT6 will sell 5 times as more so I don't think Sony will care

ethomaz said:

fighter

Here the scores from InsideSimRacing for comparison... what GT5 do better and what Forza 4 do better.

GT5 (before Spec II that really fixed a lot of things) won in Physics, Graphics, Tracks, Force Feedback and AI... three of these makes a Simulator better Physics, Force Feedback and AI... and GT5 Spec II makes the AI and Physics even better.

PS. Forza 3 is a better sim racing than Forza 4 but I won't get into this discussion right now.

Thanks for the info, very exhaustive this last comparison.

For the video link provided you might want to double check with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAWzqPqoiI

Cheers ! 

fighter said:

For the video link provided you might want to double check with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAWzqPqoiI

Cheers ! 

The bad Nordsleife accuracy in Forza just kill all the fun .

The sound is more sexy in Forza... they boost to sound to that... in GT5 you need a good surround sound system to get accuracy in the car sound... the videos in the YouTube uses TV sound wihtout no bass.

The accuracy of the M5 model I can't say because I didn't remember how it looks in real-life and from this video will be hard to make a good comparison... I will trust the video's owner.

The dynamic lighting do a better job in GT5 than the pre-backed lighint in Forza... Forza 5 still uses the same lighting.