By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 5 vs Gran Turismo 6: What will Score higher this year?

Even with franchise fatigue kicking in, I still think that Forza 5 will prevail on Metacritic.

Forza 5: 87
Gran Turismo 6: 83

Around the Network

More cars then you can use I'm guessing you never played Forza 4 I put in over 70 hours and still only have a little over 100 cars making money is nowhere as easy as it is in GT5 where I pretty much almost own all the cars and probably could already have all of them if the used car dealership wasn't so freaking random with the cars they have available.  The only Forza game that is pretty easy when it comes to making money is Forza Horizon only having a roster of about 150 cars if you don't buy any DLC but download all the free cars makes it kind of easy to own all the cars especially since you can win the most expensive car if you level up your online level enough.

Chris Hu said:

More cars then you can use I'm guessing you never played Forza 4 I put in over 70 hours and still only have a little over 100 cars making money is nowhere as easy as it is in GT5 where I pretty much almost own all the cars and probably could already have all of them if the used car dealership wasn't so freaking random with the cars they have available.  The only Forza game that is pretty easy when it comes to making money is Forza Horizon only having a roster of about 150 cars if you don't buy any DLC but download all the free cars makes it kind of easy to own all the cars especially since you can win the most expensive car if you level up your online level enough.

I'm surprised to find only one period in this essay.

(The last period doesn't count)

Periods are overrated.

Am I the only one who liked Forza Horizon over all the Forza Motorsports?

Around the Network

Forza 5 simply because People will say compare old gen with next gen and will say that GT is outdated. Mark my words.

Gran Turismo 6 was set up to fail review score wise. It's releasing AFTER the PS4 launch and DriveClub. The reviewers will have already reviewed a next gen racer in DriveClub and it will hurt GT6 in the end.

It could have did good if it released before the PS4 launch.

The end of each reviewers GT6 review will say something like " Don't get us wrong, GT6 is a good game but we just have a hard time recommending this game over next gen experiences such as Sony's DriveClub and Microsoft's Forza 5 which can both be had for the same price."

Forza.

Obviously Forza will score higher. It's generally the more critically acclaimed franchise, and it's launching on next gen hardware. AND if that wasn't enough, Grant Turismo doesn't release until December. So after reviewing a bunch of next gen titles, critics will be harsher on a current gen only game.

JayWood2010 said:
ishiki said:

I think forza 5... generally because critics will have less of a hard time giving GT6 low scores, Because they already have given a mainline GT lower scores.

I liked forza 4 more than GT5 at release (I haven't played GT5's bazillion patches/updates. Also Forza 5 gets a release on a newer console (This is the one I'd expect to get higher ofcourse).

Yeah they have had a lot of patches huh?  Been a long time since Ive played GT5 but good thing they supported it for the last few years to improve it.

And they still don't have cumulative and differential patches... I hope this is fixed for PS4!