By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Investor Wants To Fire Ballmer And Sell Xbox Division

No company in their right mind would buy the xbox division. Google maybe but then they'd incorporate what they can and finish the brand. Apple even but then they would do the same. Can you really blame the shareholders for this anyway? M$ made a complete botch up of xbone, windows 8, surface, phones they must be seething. I expect microsoft to return to a software only company eventually too

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

Might as well sell it to Sony, that way we only have 1 company making redundant video games (FPS shooters...).

I'll take new gameplay with every game and the same characters over and over again like Nintendo does or new characters but the same stinking game over and over like Sony and Microsoft does.

Granted, it would be nice if Nintendo made more new characters but ignorant people only buy their games if there are famous characters in them, so they have to and it's not really their fault. 

Oh well. As much as I despise the FPS obsessed Sony and Microsoft it's still better than the mindless free and $.99 games that Andoid and Apple pump out.

I think if MS ever decided to get out of the game hardware business they could just go across the street and set up a partnership with Nintendo. This time I think Nintendo would bite, because last time I think they were expecting MS to fail.

I would buy a Windows Phone in an instant if it was co-branded with Nintendo and had the benefits of a Nintendo handheld (slider physical controls?) + a smartphone.

"Investor with a 1% stake in the company, is seeking to achieve some major changes at Microsoft"

Bladeforce said:
No company in their right mind would buy the xbox division. Google maybe but then they'd incorporate what they can and finish the brand. Apple even but then they would do the same. Can you really blame the shareholders for this anyway? M$ made a complete botch up of xbone, windows 8, surface, phones they must be seething. I expect microsoft to return to a software only company eventually too

Nah. If another company was to buy the Xbox Division it's not for the people that worked on it or even the technology that goes into it, it would be purely for the brand, which is what other companies such as Google or Apple would ultimatly want and find valuable.

Besides, if the CEO has any clout and we must assume any CEO who runs Microsoft does, then it doesn't matter what the Shareholders say, they aren't running the show.
So many smaller companies get so caught up in their own shareholder bureaucracy, that in the end, the CEO is to scared to get fired and the Shareholders make up all the decisions, forsaking the consumer.

As for the Xbox One, Microsoft has been listening to what we the consumers have wanted, how people keep coming up to the conclusion it's "botched" beats me, reversing decisions that gamers disliked is a good thing, if only other companies did the same. (Sony OtherOS for example.)

As for Windows 8, Surface and Windows Phone, people seem to have already made conclusions on whether they are good or not without actually even trying them, sure Windows 8 is a pain, but it works great on tablet devices. (It's never going on my Desktop).
Windows Phone barring the smaller selection of apps is probably the best OS out, iOS and Android look so dated and slow in comparison, Microsoft does need to step up the hardware support however as it does lag behind the competition, but it's still an excellent platform and Metro fits it perfectly.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

"Investor with a 1% stake in the company, is seeking to achieve some major changes at Microsoft"

LMAO, ahhh good times. 

MohammadBadir said:
Talal said:
MohammadBadir said:
Fusioncode said:

First shareholders wanted to split up Sony, now they want to sell the Xbox division? I think we can all agree that shareholder are complete idiots.

Didn't some shareholders want nintendo to make smartphone games too?

..why are the rich such morons? -.- 

If you look at the stats smartphone games are destroying everything else. So no they are not stupid they just don't care about Nintendo's legacy like fans do.

free/1 dollar smartphone games don't bring as much profit as 40/50/60 dollar games.

But if you listen to the publishers $40/50/60 games are hard to make a profit off, so gaming in general is in a struggle, either you have low production low value games making little bits of money or you have high production cost games not selling enough at high price points.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Who would buy the xbox division? Samsung? Google?

Xbox division never made any money? O_o

Isn't it one of the most profitable division that MS have? I mean they are putting a lot of money on it right now and you won't put a lot of your eggs in one basket, if its not going generate cash.

Who would be potential buyers of the Xbox division?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.