By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Investor Wants To Fire Ballmer And Sell Xbox Division

A report by BizJournals claims that ValueAct, a $2 billion Microsoft investor with a 1% stake in the company, is seeking to achieve some major changes at Microsoft. Analyst Rick Sherlund claims that big changes are going to take place very soon as other shareholders support the decision to get rid of Steve Ballmer in addition to the investment group ValueAct. According to the report ValueAct are seeking to replace Steve Ballmer because his strategy “inspires little confidence”.

Apparently Microsoft has no choice but to give ValueAct a board seat otherwise they might launch a “public war” on Steve Ballmer and Microsoft that could end with serious turmoil at the company.

“A decision by the board at Microsoft to offer a nomination for a board seat could keep the activist agenda behind closed doors and take longer for shareholders to see potential benefits”

Furthermore it is believed they might target the Xbox division and try and get rid of it altogether. This would allow Microsoft to focus on other products and mainly Windows.

“Xbox is cool, but by our estimates Microsoft has not made money at this”

Via-Gaf

http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

Around the Network

Well, Balmer wants to go within a year anyways.

Just like that other guys saying to Sony split off.

lol

ethomaz said:

lol

These people actually own significant chunks of these companies based on shares, so if that's their opinion so be it.

No one really has made much money off video games in the last 10-15 years in total other than Nintendo really. Sega/MS/Sony have made varying degrees of money only to have it wiped out later on or something.

It's honestly not that great of a business.

So Shareholders want to split up Microsoft and Sony and want Nintendo to make smartphone games...

Around the Network

That's pretty funny, but highly unlikely to see the Xbox division sold to anyone. That's never going to happen.

Soundwave said:
ethomaz said:

lol

These people actually own significant chunks of these companies based on shares, so if that's their opinion so be it.

No one really has made much money off video games in the last 10-15 years in total other than Nintendo really. Sega/MS/Sony have made varying degrees of money only to have it wiped out later on or something.

It's honestly not that great of a business.

It's true, BUT, i think for sony, this make them publicity for their other product in electronic departement too. i have buy a sony tv just because never having any problem with my ps console. still have my ps1 and my eu & us ps2 working.

Good luck with that. With all the money pumped into the XOne, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. And rightfully so.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Another drunk analyst. Great.

Dis thread gunna be good based on the Sony one.