By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kamiya Says “Bayonetta Was On The Brink Of Disappearing”

Tagged games:

KHlover said:
BasilZero said:
Planning to get it sometime when I get a WiiU.

Hoping part 1 will come out on the eshop by that time lol.

Two months from now? lol

Keep hope alive!

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
"WiiU has no exclusives! why should i buy it?"
*Bayonetta 2 gets announced*
"OMG, WHY IS MY BAYONETTA EXCLUSIVE TO WEEEYEEW?! I WANT IT ON MAH MATUURE PLAYSTATI0N FOOOR"

That's hardly how it went down. People were upset it wasn't on the PS360, not the PS4/XBO. I'm glad Nintendo stepped in and saved it, but people being upset that it was on a completely different platform to its predecessor was perfectly understandable. Especially when few PS360 gamers are looking to buy a WiiU, since there is little about it which shows it off as being superior to the better establishes current gen consoles.

Mr Khan said:
morenoingrato said:
Train wreck said:
I'm sure the majority of people who enjoyed the first will no take the plunge to play the second and many franchises remain dormant for extended periods of time, I am sure if SEGA wanted to, they could have revived the Bayonetta series at any time. I'm sure SEGA didn't see any cost benefit from releasing another one, on two platforms no less...I guess Nintendo/Platinum are going to learn the hard way.

Had anyone else revived it, even the OUYA guys, you would have praised their initiative.

What is wrong? If it bombs, people will enjoy the sequel to a great game.

Train wreck isn't a fanboy. He's a persistently negative realist.

Although i think it was a mistake on Sega's part to not do so. First game sold almost 2 million, and had to at least break even unless Platinum went well off over budget. Sega likely just got panicky.

For my part, i could easily see Bayonetta 2 doing as well as Nintendo's mid-low tier franchises, million-sellers like Pikmin or Metroid, which would still make Bayonetta worse off over all, but not if it was gone altogether.

That must be why the puppy looks so sad D:

But I agree with you. The series certainly has some selling power. 2 million copies for a quirky new IP is hardly something to laugh at.

Bring the game to Wii U will change that fate?

ethomaz said:
Bring the game to Wii U will change that fate?

Yes. At least 100K people who love gaming will play a great game.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
MohammadBadir said:
"WiiU has no exclusives! why should i buy it?"
*Bayonetta 2 gets announced*
"OMG, WHY IS MY BAYONETTA EXCLUSIVE TO WEEEYEEW?! I WANT IT ON MAH MATUURE PLAYSTATI0N FOOOR"

That's hardly how it went down. People were upset it wasn't on the PS360, not the PS4/XBO. I'm glad Nintendo stepped in and saved it, but people being upset that it was on a completely different platform to its predecessor was perfectly understandable. Especially when few PS360 gamers are looking to buy a WiiU, since there is little about it which shows it off as being superior to the better establishes current gen consoles.

This bit is understandable if you would think that Nintendo would secure Bayo 2 as a "MS-moneyhat" (paying for the game not appearing on other platforms, games that would have been made without MS interference)....but that wasn´t the case, the game was cancelled und wouldn´t have been made at all, the choice wasn´t Bayo 2 on PS360 OR WiiU, it was WiiU or nothing !

And reading some of the older comments and the sheer venom and shit thrown at Nintendo and especially Kamiya (Japan should be nuked etc.) people made up excuses to justify their hate ("I don´t believe that they wouldn´t have found another publisher") even after it was announced that Bayonetta 2 existed only because of Nintendo (and there are still people around, even in this very forum, who think this way)

....and your last bit is just pure ignorance....

Carl2291 said:
Bayonetta was brilliant, so hopefully this can sell well enough for Nintendo and Platinum to consider doing something more with the franchise.

Bayonetta X Samus?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Carl2291 said:
Bayonetta was brilliant, so hopefully this can sell well enough for Nintendo and Platinum to consider doing something more with the franchise.

Bayonetta X Samus?

Put her in Smash Bros, to start. She'd be a more fitting replacement for Snake and fix the gender ratio a bit.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

orniletter said:
Zekkyou said:

This bit is understandable if you would think that Nintendo would secure Bayo 2 as a "MS-moneyhat" (paying for the game not appearing on other platforms, games that would have been made without MS interference)....but that wasn´t the case, the game was cancelled und wouldn´t have been made at all, the choice wasn´t Bayo 2 on PS360 OR WiiU, it was WiiU or nothing !

And reading some of the older comments and the sheer venom and shit thrown at Nintendo and especially Kamiya (Japan should be nuked etc.) people made up excuses to justify their hate ("I don´t believe that they wouldn´t have found another publisher") even after it was announced that Bayonetta 2 existed only because of Nintendo (and there are still people around, even in this very forum, who think this way)

....and your last bit is just pure ignorance....

I said them being upset was perfectly understandable, not that it shouldn't have happened. I don't consider it money-hatting as they are funding the game rather than simply buying it. I'm glad they did save it, I was just pointing out that it's understandable for them to be upset.

How was my last point ignorant? Other than the WiiU Pad (which few people are particularly excited by), in what way has the WiiU separated itself from the current gen? It's more expensive, has VASTLY smaller library (with only a single exclusive game above 85 on metacritic. I don't personally care much for reviews, but enough people do that it's an important note) and it’s games are still graphically below the current gen consoles (yes it has a moderate amount more power than them, but it has been far from utilised).

I'm not saying in the future we won't see great things from the WiiU, but that at this present moment it has done little to give people reason to buy it over the PS360, which is reflected in its poor sales.

Max King of the Wild said:
Looking at it now it looks as if Nintendo just delayed that instead of stopping it

Are you talking about potential sales or do you think it looks bad?