By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will a game use two Wii U Gamepads?

Tagged games:

Which game will be the first to have 2 Gamepads functionality?

Mario Kart 8 35 20.59%

Super Smash Bros. 7 4.12%

Super Mario 3D World 3 1.76%

Some other unreleased or unnanounced game 70 41.18%

Some already released game 2 1.18%

Never 48 28.24%

See results 5 2.94%

Total:170
pokoko said:
They're having trouble selling people on one, if it gets out that some games need an extra $100 investment to enjoy fully, they might have some bad PR on their hands.

"Mom! We need another gamepad so we can play Mariyonetta together!"

"Go to hell! I'm taking the whole damn thing back to Walmart and spurgeonryan had better give me my money back! Screw you, Nintendo!"

See, we'd have chaos. I doubt it will happen.

same thing can be said with vita :P

Around the Network

Myiamoto is working on something that uses two, he said it already. That and NFC were his priorities. I suspect the title is intended to come in 2014, when presumably the costs of selling a second pad to people is more economical. I can see something being revealed at TGS.

tbone51 said:
pokoko said:
They're having trouble selling people on one, if it gets out that some games need an extra $100 investment to enjoy fully, they might have some bad PR on their hands.

"Go to hell! I'm taking the whole damn thing back to Walmart and spurgeonryan had better give me my money back! Screw you, Nintendo!"

What?  I don't ... what?

I think they're waiting for the price for this functionality to become reasonable before they introduce their big game that utilizes it. That means after the price of the console is cheaper ($250) and the Gamepad can be sold with said software in the $89 range similar to how the WiiFit/balance board bundle released.

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

What?  I don't ... what?

I was joking, i meant by it was $200+ for ps4 feat! lol

Around the Network

When the summer update arrives. Bam!

MArio Kart 8....

im still hoping for the cave or underground mode where you can only see it in your tablet

tbone51 said:
pokoko said:

What?  I don't ... what?

I was joking, i meant by it was $200+ for ps4 feat! lol

Oh.  I thought you were saying that you need two consoles to play co-op on a Vita, which is true, but also kind of the norm with handhelds.  Thus, my confusion.

Zorg you are a prophet!

snyps said:
Zorg you are a prophet!

Haha I take it u like my prediction?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.