By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I just finished Skyward Sword...let's discuss. SPOILER ALERT! Stay away if you haven't beaten the game

Tagged games:

Cheebee said:
g911turbo said:

Agree on the bold.  Seemed like they rushed it a bit.

Also, depite the story being great, I remember the very first part of the intro being quite long.

Yeah, they only took 5 years to develop the game.

LOL, yeah you do have a point.  I'm sure some dungeons from that game got pushed to Zelda Wii U.  I envision Nintendo having a dungeon lab, where they just have a bunch of dungeon ideas on shelves they can select from when a new game is being made.

And yes I'm [half] joking.

Around the Network

not as good as link to the past but wayyyy better then twilight princess

g911turbo said:
Cheebee said:
g911turbo said:

Also, depite the story being great, I remember the very first part of the intro being quite long.

LOL, yeah you do have a point.  I'm sure some dungeons from that game got pushed to Zelda Wii U.  I envision Nintendo having a dungeon lab, where they just have a bunch of dungeon ideas on shelves they can select from when a new game is being made.

And yes I'm [half] joking.

Well, I just hope they'll get the next Zelda out quicker than they did SS, or we'll have to wait until Q4 2017.   'O_o

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
g911turbo said:
Metrium said:
Not sure if I can claim it's the best Zelda, but it's atleast my favorite.

Pros.
-The outside world on the ground was great fun. Yes it was less open, but instead of being empty like previous games, the areas felt like dongeons (witch have always been the best thing in Zeldas) so you actualy had challenges and objectives outside the dongeons.
-Flying was fun (altho the sky was to empty)
-The Motion+, I never got bored of fighting enemies. Unlike previous games where fighting monsters was a chore where all you did was spam A,A,A hoping that the monsters will die already. (sucks that this will likely be dumped in the next game)
-The storytelling is by far the best in the series.
-I actualy cared for Zelda. Not the first game to make me care for her, but I really fell in love with the Zelda in SS. Link's and Zelda's relationship was probly the most touching relationship in the series imo (Followed by Link/Malon in OoT)

Cons.
-Fi was annoying when stating the obvious. BUT unlike most ppl, I have to admit I ended up liking the girl and her farewell was one of the strongest emotional moment in the series imo.
-Fighting the imprisoned 3 times.
-The music was not as memorable as previous games, altho great when you are listening to them. The harp playing was disapointing.
-Not enough collectibles or side quests.

Same thing can be said for Pikmin3, yet despite being great, it still feels like a unfinished and rushed game.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Skyward Sword has the best story of most zelda games but the gameplay is really lacking. Too many repetative bosses and levels

Around the Network

Skyward Sword is the game that I'll pull on the same level as Ocarina of Time, not for the gameplay, highs or lows, but because for the first time Nintendo intended to do something fresh and focusing on some of its roots.

Higher difficulty (6 heart run - hero mode must be a delicious), a lot of puzzles in the overwolrd (surface), Zelda playing an important role, a good villian that actually you encounters more than 2 times in the whole game, you finally care for Zelda's sake, less items but all are required during the entery game (whip is the unfortunate excepcion), upgradeable items, equipment and potions, usage of ruppees.

Now on the lows I agree that music was dissapointing, the sky was uninteresting, swithching between the main three areas was a pain, no freedom, and again, a game breaker bug.

I have to say that I liked the story. Very good but it has the potential to have better cinematics. The harp was a wasted potential.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Skyward Sword is the game that I'll pull on the same level as Ocarina of Time, not for the gameplay, highs or lows, but because for the first time Nintendo intended to do something fresh and focusing on some of its roots.

Higher difficulty (6 heart run - hero mode must be a delicious), a lot of puzzles in the overwolrd (surface), Zelda playing an important role, a good villian that actually you encounters more than 2 times in the whole game, you finally care for Zelda's sake, less items but all are required during the entery game (whip is the unfortunate excepcion), upgradeable items, equipment and potions, usage of ruppees.

Now on the lows I agree that music was dissapointing, the sky was uninteresting, swithching between the main three areas was a pain, no freedom, and again, a game breaker bug.

I have to say that I liked the story. Very good but it has the potential to have better cinematics. The harp was a wasted potential.

Ah, I forgot about that boss run... did you have to beat that?  For some reason I remember trying, failing, and then not coming back to it.

What is the game breaker bug???

This reminds me I still have to finish the game. I started it long ago and lost interest in it, some months ago I continued where I left with the purpose of finishing it but then I lost interest again. I think the game should be shorter, there is a lot of time wasters that make it boring imo.

The music is nothing special with one or two exceptions and the story is pretty average to me. Loved the graphics and motion controls though. Probably in the end it will get better, just like Twilight Princess which was boring for long parts of the game but ended great.

I don't know how much is left to finish it, if I remember correctly the last thing I did was to recover all my items in Death Mountain. Overall I'm liking this more than Twilight Princess but I enjoyed Wind Waker and obviously Ocarina of Time more than this one.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

The best:

- The swordplay. This is what I had in mind when I first heard about the Wii U; immersive motion-controlled com at where you outfight enemies with your own movements. Magical.

- The dungeons. The level design was truly elegant, with masteruflly constructed puzzles and dense layouts that packed in tons of clever mechanics and areas without wasting space. 

The worst:

- Having to return to the sky and re-enter an area instead of being able to quick-travel between locations in the same area.

Verdict:

9/10, one of the best games of the 7th generation. A little rough around the edges but with enough superb elements to overwhelm the weaker bits.

I thought it was a very good Zelda game. I would still put it just behind the two N64 Zelda games, but that is very good company.

1) Excellent motion controls. Loved the sword fighting. The part where you pull the Master Sword from the ground gave me chills.

2) The ground areas were really well designed. They felt dense, almost like a dungeon or more like the 2D Zeldas.

3) Presentation was good. Graphics, art style, story, etc. All good, but that is not what Zelda is really about anyway. In the end, it is all in how it plays, and I thought that was great fun.

For dislikes:
1) Telling you what a collectible is every time you turn the game back on. C'mon! I know what these all are! You would think they would have fixed that after the rupee problem in Twilight Princess.

2) The first boss battle with Ghirahim. The temple does not do a good job of teaching you how to defeat him. One of Nintendo's strengths has always been organically teaching a player what to do. In this case, they really dropped the ball.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)