By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I just finished Skyward Sword...let's discuss. SPOILER ALERT! Stay away if you haven't beaten the game

Tagged games:

Loved the game. LOVED the ending. HATED the forced motion controls. This was a game that thrived on fun storytelling and strong puzzles and bosses but was unfortunately used to justify the creation of Wii Motion +. Not necessary and I wish there was a standard control option. The pointing for flight felt particularly forced. The motion should have only been used for aiming.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Storyline is the most important aspect of a video game to me. The fact that this game shows how it all began (as well as the manga in the hyrule historia book I own) made me LOVE this game. 

Welcome to two years ago :P.

I liked the game, got a bit repetitive though :/

Loved the game.

I thought the game, complexity, motion control, art style, etc were all very good. Definitely a great Zelda experience for me. I definitely wouldn't mind an option to control the sword with motion in Wii U Zelda.

My only gripes were:
- Fi' constant chatter... so annoying, but that has been a staple of Zelda for awhile now. If it didn't have an annoying helper.. idk what I'd do. Though for those that don't need this beginner help, she should be able to be turned off for the most basic quips.
- Lack of pointer preciseness in menus. Seriously... WTF were they thinking here? Why did they force Motion+ to handle menu control. That was just dumb and very frustrating. I mean point appeared to work for things like bow and arrow, etc... why did it not work on obvious menus?

I loved the game quite a lot for it's dungeon/level design. But the "overworld map" was really bland and boring... =(

But the gameplay was really solid. I loved the Lanayru area the most. The time shifting aspect was really nice. I always like this kind of thing when it's well implemented. And in this game, it was. 

But I'm hoping they will get rid of the annoying helper, make the game less of a hand holding thing, and more discovery centered. And the musical instruments... We get it, OoT was great... Now there's no need to try to remake it endlessly... -__-

Also... The wii Motion controls for the sword fights was nice, but swimming was crap. Or I was crap at it, which made it really annoying to me when I was required to do it. xD

Around the Network

I loved this game, when i was playing it i remember thinking: "man i wish i could play Oot with this controls", i can understand that there are people who think that motion controls are the worst thing that has happened to gaming but damn they felt so natural for me.

Not sure if I can claim it's the best Zelda, but it's atleast my favorite.

Pros.
-The outside world on the ground was great fun. Yes it was less open, but instead of being empty like previous games, the areas felt like dongeons (witch have always been the best thing in Zeldas) so you actualy had challenges and objectives outside the dongeons.
-Flying was fun (altho the sky was to empty)
-The Motion+, I never got bored of fighting enemies. Unlike previous games where fighting monsters was a chore where all you did was spam A,A,A hoping that the monsters will die already. (sucks that this will likely be dumped in the next game)
-The storytelling is by far the best in the series.
-I actualy cared for Zelda. Not the first game to make me care for her, but I really fell in love with the Zelda in SS. Link's and Zelda's relationship was probly the most touching relationship in the series imo (Followed by Link/Malon in OoT)

Cons.
-Fi was annoying when stating the obvious. BUT unlike most ppl, I have to admit I ended up liking the girl and her farewell was one of the strongest emotional moment in the series imo.
-Fighting the imprisoned 3 times.
-The music was not as memorable as previous games, altho great when you are listening to them. The harp playing was disapointing.
-Not enough collectibles or side quests.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Pros: -Motion+ complemented sword and archery controls excellently.

-A lot of Easter eggs. Spying on Zelda's dad taking a bath was amusing.

-Characters were well fleshed out and it even had some good character development (Groose).

-An excellent origins story.

-Awesome boss battles and some great dungeons.

-An overall improvement with side quests in comparison with Twilight Princess which I felt was one of the things that game lacked compared to others in the series.

Cons: -Motion controls for flying was unnecessary.

-Not really being able to explore at night was a drag. Time only passed when you slept so the main overworld was always day because you couldn't fly during night either.

-Over world lacked connectivity. It was a good over world, but having to fly to get to different areas should have been optional. They should have made it once you have flown to that particular area you can then open up some sort of pathway to the previous area on foot.

Wii U ID: Intoxicatedmemrs
Xbox Live Tag: Mattmest

That is all.

As irritating as Fi was at times, her departure was very emotional...
To think she would remain dormant in the Master Sword for many more adventures is pretty cool...
It was by no means my favorite Zelda, but there were moments I really loved...

Have a nice day...

i loved SS from start to finish
it really is a breath of fresh air
too bad prejudice and mismanagment from Nintendo hurt its sales
it shouldve topped WW easily