By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don't Fight. Switch.

But but but... Microsoft is trolling its competitors!!!!!

Really good ad though. I'm more and more inclined to make the switch from Android to a windows phone. And those Nokia's are looking like damn fine phones.

Around the Network

lol that was funny

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Nokia has great cameras on their phone... but everything else is shit... They can't even get an official youtube app

Windows Phone in general is just bland... Lack of third party support and last generation hardware is just terrible... I don't think Windows Phone is going more than 5% mobile market share anytime soon

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

B^$# please, contain your orgasms.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nokia has great cameras on their phone... but everything else is shit... They can't even get an official youtube app

Windows Phone in general is just bland... Lack of third party support and last generation hardware is just terrible... I don't think Windows Phone is going more than 5% mobile market share anytime soon

Thats just wrong! Quality hardware with great features. Support it with apps better than any other company. The offline maps just worth it. You can buy their smartphones as a navigation device.

All the problems you mentioned are OS related problems. They had the ability to be bigger than Samsung if they went with Android. 

Around the Network

nice ad!

I LOVE GIGGS said:

Thats just wrong! Quality hardware with great features. Support it with apps better than any other company. The offline maps just worth it. You can buy their smartphones as a navigation device.

All the problems you mentioned are OS related problems. They had the ability to be bigger than Samsung if they went with Android. 

Android also has offline maps with Google Maps... And If you look at all their hardware... It is last gen...

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S4,Nokia-Lumia-928/phones/7597,7765

That is their newest phone and the res is only 720p vs s4's 1080p, CPU: Dual Core vs Quad Core, RAM: 1gb vs 2gb... you get point..

The only thing Nokia does better is the camera but that is not worth the preminum price you pay for since a decicated camera will always be better... Windows Phone has no where close to the amount of apps as android does

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I LOVE GIGGS said:

Android also has offline maps with Google Maps... And If you look at all their hardware... It is last gen...

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_925-5451.php

That is their newest phone and the res is only 720p vs s4's 1080p, CPU: Dual Core vs Quad Core, RAM: 1gb vs 2gb... you get point..

The only thing Nokia does better is the camera but that is not worth the preminum price you pay for since a decicated camera will always be better... Windows Phone has no where close to the amount of apps as android does

I don't know about these stuff and I don't care. The phones at launch time looked very good and were as good, from hardware standpoint, as their competitors.

Lumia 925 is just another version of the 920 which launched in November. You can't compare it to a device that released six months later. Plus, from what I heared, Windows Phone does not require as much specs as Android. Better specs won't give a lot of difference.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_925-5451.php

I don't know about these stuff and I don't care. The phones at launch time looked very good and were as good, from hardware standpoint, as their competitors.

Lumia 925 is just another version of the 920 which launched in November. You can't compare it to a device that released six months later. Plus, from what I heared, Windows Phone does not require as much specs as Android. Better specs won't give a lot of difference.

It does when it comes to benchmarks, Productivity, Multitasking and etc... btw look at the release date... both of those phones launched about the same time...

But heck... look at this one... I think its the same one from the ad

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S4,Nokia-Lumia-1020/phones/7597,7876

That one released on June 11th I believe and it is still last gen hardware... And the most easiest way to say it is... S4 is about 4 times faster than the Nokia 1020 (Google benchmarks on both and you will see what I mean)

I wouldn't mind Nokia if they werent charging the same price for it as a phone that is more than double its speed... Yea android isn't as smooth as Windows Phone but Windows Phone also lack tons of features from android in the OS department. However the OS smoothness doesn't really affect the performance of the app itself

ethomaz said:
nuckles87 said:
....you know, that's why we have cameras. I think the people in this ad ought to invest in some.

Nobody carries two devices at sametime anymore...
Nobody uses cameras anymore...

Smartphones are the future

PS. I'm joking but that the truth.

Well, if you're going to an event where you intend to take photos, a camera is going to be superior. Just that smartphones mean you can take pics whenever and don't have to haul a camera for "just in case" stuffs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.