By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don't Fight. Switch.

bananaking21 said:
microsoft is really getting desperate in its ads for windows, this is the second a i see like this. at first it was funny, but now its just getting sad

Desperate ? Why because they are making funny and cool ad?
So for you it would be better for them to do boring ads?.

I don't get your point. This ad is very well done and funny; as the phone market is 90% Andriod/iPhone, the ad is atually on point.

Nothing desperate there; just good business.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Nokia has great cameras on their phone... but everything else is shit... They can't even get an official youtube app

Windows Phone in general is just bland... Lack of third party support and last generation hardware is just terrible... I don't think Windows Phone is going more than 5% mobile market share anytime soon

Thats just wrong! Quality hardware with great features. Support it with apps better than any other company. The offline maps just worth it. You can buy their smartphones as a navigation device.

All the problems you mentioned are OS related problems. They had the ability to be bigger than Samsung if they went with Android. 

Android also has offline maps with Google Maps... And If you look at all their hardware... It is last gen...

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_925-5451.php

That is their newest phone and the res is only 720p vs s4's 1080p, CPU: Dual Core vs Quad Core, RAM: 1gb vs 2gb... you get point..

The only thing Nokia does better is the camera but that is not worth the preminum price you pay for since a decicated camera will always be better... Windows Phone has no where close to the amount of apps as android does

I don't know about these stuff and I don't care. The phones at launch time looked very good and were as good, from hardware standpoint, as their competitors.

Lumia 925 is just another version of the 920 which launched in November. You can't compare it to a device that released six months later. Plus, from what I heared, Windows Phone does not require as much specs as Android. Better specs won't give a lot of difference.

It does when it comes to benchmarks, Productivity, Multitasking and etc... btw look at the release date... both of those phones launched about the same time...

But heck... look at this one... I think its the same one from the ad

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S4,Nokia-Lumia-1020/phones/7597,7876

That one released on June 11th I believe and it is still last gen hardware... And the most easiest way to say it is... S4 is about 4 times faster than the Nokia 1020 (Google benchmarks on both and you will see what I mean)

I wouldn't mind Nokia if they werent charging the same price for it as a phone that is more than double its speed... Yea android isn't as smooth as Windows Phone but Windows Phone also lack tons of features from android in the OS department. However the OS smoothness doesn't really affect the performance of the app itself

Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020 are not considered Flagship phones. You can see them as an updated version of the original phone, Lumia 920. Just like Active and Zoom are. Nokia releases  their flagship phone on November, at least that what they did in the last two years when they started Lumia line. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Nokia has great cameras on their phone... but everything else is shit... They can't even get an official youtube app

Windows Phone in general is just bland... Lack of third party support and last generation hardware is just terrible... I don't think Windows Phone is going more than 5% mobile market share anytime soon

Thats just wrong! Quality hardware with great features. Support it with apps better than any other company. The offline maps just worth it. You can buy their smartphones as a navigation device.

All the problems you mentioned are OS related problems. They had the ability to be bigger than Samsung if they went with Android. 

Android also has offline maps with Google Maps... And If you look at all their hardware... It is last gen...

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_925-5451.php

That is their newest phone and the res is only 720p vs s4's 1080p, CPU: Dual Core vs Quad Core, RAM: 1gb vs 2gb... you get point..

The only thing Nokia does better is the camera but that is not worth the preminum price you pay for since a decicated camera will always be better... Windows Phone has no where close to the amount of apps as android does

I don't know about these stuff and I don't care. The phones at launch time looked very good and were as good, from hardware standpoint, as their competitors.

Lumia 925 is just another version of the 920 which launched in November. You can't compare it to a device that released six months later. Plus, from what I heared, Windows Phone does not require as much specs as Android. Better specs won't give a lot of difference.

It does when it comes to benchmarks, Productivity, Multitasking and etc... btw look at the release date... both of those phones launched about the same time...

But heck... look at this one... I think its the same one from the ad

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S4,Nokia-Lumia-1020/phones/7597,7876

That one released on June 11th I believe and it is still last gen hardware... And the most easiest way to say it is... S4 is about 4 times faster than the Nokia 1020 (Google benchmarks on both and you will see what I mean)

I wouldn't mind Nokia if they werent charging the same price for it as a phone that is more than double its speed... Yea android isn't as smooth as Windows Phone but Windows Phone also lack tons of features from android in the OS department. However the OS smoothness doesn't really affect the performance of the app itself

Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020 are not considered Flagship phones. You can see them as an updated version of the original phone, Lumia 920. Just like Active and Zoom are. Nokia releases  their flagship phone on November, at least that what they did in the last two years when they started Lumia line. 

Well... wouldn't that mean that they will always be a generation behind? Cause if they release their flagship in november and lets say it is with the same CPU/GPU as the s4 (like they have done in the past)... Then 3-4 months later, Samsung will come out with their next generation hardware that will double the performance of the current gen (that nokia flagship phone)... and they have to wait until november again to upgrade their hardware

Anyway lets quit this conversation and agree to disagree

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So many smashed iphones as a result of that ad lol

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Well... wouldn't that mean that they will always be a generation behind? Cause if they release their flagship in november and lets say it is with the same CPU/GPU as the s4 (like they have done in the past)... Then 3-4 months later, Samsung will come out with their next generation hardware that will double the performance of the current gen (that nokia flagship phone)... and they have to wait until november again to upgrade their hardware

Anyway lets quit this conversation and agree to disagree

ok

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Ohhhhhh I was expecting some Xbone / PS4 video like "Don't fight Xboners. Switch to PS4."

My brother brought a Lumia (low end)... the phone is really great an easy to use.

Your panties moved at that thought I bet lol