By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hilarious video : Yoshida falls asleep listening to David Cage

I saw that yesterday when I was watching this interview

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
Mummelmann said:
Maybe he, like so many others (including me) is getting tired of Cage insisting that QTE's are an actual gameplay mechanic and make for a terrific and deep experience and his overall hipster projects?

Come on man, don't you know that is THE FUTURE OF GAMING!  QTE events, Eminem doing the sound track, a digital dog you care about (digs up treasure and disarms enemies), and hiring a bunch of known actors to read your lines, and think you are actually a competent storyteller.  And then all the other studios follow you, because you think you are making interactive movies.  THAT is the future!  Who needs original gameplay or replayability that you didn't script?

We've had this discussion before, and unfortunately, you still misunderstand a lot. He's never said his games "are the future", nor does he expect anyone to follow suit. But, judging from the reactions his games/demos/tech gets from people in the industry, he must be doing something right. That's what matters.

Do I need to end up flagging things at the end, BESIDES USING AN EMOTICON, to end up showing I am engaging in sarcasm, pointed at the AAA side of things, and agreeing with Mummelmann as a result?  Because I included other works besides what Cage does, not sure why you thought i was talking about Cage.  When did Cage, for example, use Eminem to do his soundtrack.

How can a funny thread about Yoshida falling asleep change path and end up being about whether David Cage makes games or movies?

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

How can a funny thread about Yoshida falling asleep change path and end up being about whether David Cage makes games or movies?

You should refer to the people that started that debate. ;)

I wasn't referring at you, obviously. You and me agree about Quantic Dream xD

Around the Network

he's dreaming about those 8 gigs of ram

DucksUnlimited said:
RenCutypoison said:

No. But I'm a french speaker so I get an interview of him on my news site per month. He is boring in text, he is boring in videos, do you really think he would be awesome in real ?

I'll consider him when he will either stop saying scenario's of his games are on Hollywood level OR he hires a real (good) holywood scriptwriter instead of trying to do it himself when he seriously is not the best.

And he is arrogant in every interview despite having trouble finding investors because his games don't bring in money because QTE sucks.

As you probably understood 5 lines ago, I hate this guy. He, Peter Molyneux and Will Wright. And Ankama (these are on a whole other level)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Heavy-Rain-Was-Extremely-Profitable-for-Sony-and-Quantic-Dream-347199.shtml

One of his games was profitable. That's nice for him.

Plus Quantic Dream has 100 employees, if you count that an employee cost 80.000 $ per year (the employee gets 20-25k, 15-20k for social security and 40k from the boss to the state, I don't know how that works in america but in france it's like that) and took 5 years to make.

80k * 100 employees * 5 years = 40m$

If you count the harware (Hi-tech must be replaced every 3-5 years, let's say 500$ per employees) plus software licence (=A LOT), devkits, marketing, etc

I don't know how he paid a 100 employees for 5 years with 20m$, but these numbers seem rather strange to me.

RenCutypoison said:
DucksUnlimited said:
RenCutypoison said:

No. But I'm a french speaker so I get an interview of him on my news site per month. He is boring in text, he is boring in videos, do you really think he would be awesome in real ?

I'll consider him when he will either stop saying scenario's of his games are on Hollywood level OR he hires a real (good) holywood scriptwriter instead of trying to do it himself when he seriously is not the best.

And he is arrogant in every interview despite having trouble finding investors because his games don't bring in money because QTE sucks.

As you probably understood 5 lines ago, I hate this guy. He, Peter Molyneux and Will Wright. And Ankama (these are on a whole other level)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Heavy-Rain-Was-Extremely-Profitable-for-Sony-and-Quantic-Dream-347199.shtml

Plus Quantic Dream has 100 employees, if you count that an employee cost 80.000 $ per year (the employee gets 20-25k, 15-20k for social security and 40k from the boss to the state, I don't know how that works in america but in france it's like that) and took 5 years to make.

If you count the harware (Hi-tech must be replaced every 3-5 years, let's say 500$ per employees) plus software licence (=A LOT), devkits, marketing, etc

I don't know how he paid a 100 employees for 5 years with 20m$, but these numbers seem rather strange to me.

Those 5 years include writing the script. He didn't need 100 people to help him write the script lmfao. Just get over it, Heavy Rain was succesful and it made a profit. I don't understand what you're trying to prove here, Heavy Rain being successful is a fact. Also, how do you know that only one of his games were profitable? Do you work at Quantic Dream?

riderz13371 said:

Those 5 years include writing the script. He didn't need 100 people to help him write the script lmfao. Just get over it, Heavy Rain was succesful and it made a profit. I don't understand what you're trying to prove here, Heavy Rain being successful is a fact. Also, how do you know that only one of his games were profitable? Do you work at Quantic Dream?

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) was profitable, that's one of the main reasons they went with Heavy Rain and dumped Omikron 2 and Infraworld...as a big fan of Omikron, though I liked Fahrenheit, wish it bombed...hope Singularity will be more like Omikron and less like Heavy Rain.

"He detailed the arguments that he and others had with Atari over Fahrenheit and how the publisher was encouraged to put marketing dollars behind the game. Quantic Dream ended up making money "but it was a slice of the potential, because of this lack of trust."

RenCutypoison said:
DucksUnlimited said:
RenCutypoison said:

No, one of his games was extremely profitable.

80k as an average salary is really high. And do you have a link to an article saying 100 people worked on Heavy Rain?