By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8: 60 FPS gameplay, looks awesome

Looks like it was a 50cc race, even my dead granma can win.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Wasn't 60fps the standard in Mario Kart since Double Dash? I thought this was long since known. Needless to say though, it looks good. The guy's bad, but the course is probably one of the first ones.

ghettoglamour said:
Lol. I "love" how the AI slows down at the end so that the noob can win. This is Mario Kart. Shallow gameplay as ever.

Demo is demo.

For one, the demo and thus this race is obviously set at 50cc, the 'easy' setting. Second, the course is probably one of the Mushroom Cup or Flower Cup, at the most, courses, so it's one of the first. Third, I haven't seen anyone not be 1st in any of the gameplay videos of this demo, so you probably can't. If you'd play the real game, it's not so easy.

The guy looks to be playing appallingly but in fairness we can't tell from the video how different this MK feels yet.

I found that even switching between current versions of MK one after the other, the subtle differences can mess you up for the first couple of races.

Can't wait to play this.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

tuscaniman99 said:
This is impossible. This must be playing on a PC or something. Everyone knows that only the PS4 is capable of true next gen beauty.

flaim bait.

Reported

game looks good, would like to see more of it but i cant see it as something that would sell the system for me, of course im just talking about my preference here, i know this will make a lot of people buy the WiiU

Around the Network

Probably the first nex-gen game that really impressed me. Looks wonderful!

u cant really blame the guy for sucking bcuz of the controller

The track only had two laps.

adriane23 said:
zorg1000 said:
That guy sucked

And he had a ponytail. Fuck him.

OT: Game looks great at 60fps, but that was a boring track.

I think a lot of that comes down to the fact that it's an early track which are always rather dull, plus the fact he wasn't using any of the secrets of the track (you can see a split path which leads above the track, and a perpendicular section to the left), so I feel as though there's more to be had from the game, which tracks like the King Boo one demonstrates.

Also, damn you Bananaking!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It runs so smoothly! Like the look of it, but could use more stuff on the track...looks empty in some parts.

And it's in 50cc, easy setting, not hard at all to get first place.