By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8: 60 FPS gameplay, looks awesome

Soundwave said:
curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
The video being shot at 60 fps creates a misleading effect (look at the people in the background of the kiosk), the game is smooth, but it's not that smooth. And yes, I played this same track at E3.

Filming a 60fps screen with a 60fps camera doesn't make the screen look any smoother than it is. 60fps is 60fps.

I've played this track twice at E3, it doesn't look like that. The frame rate looks like the official trailer Nintendo released:

Filming at 60 fps does create an unnatural effect, it's evident when you look at the people moving in the background of the shot.

I played it 5 or 6 times at Best Buy, and to me it looked much crisper and smoother than any video I've seen of it online or elsewhere, though it was being played on a high end TV. Even still, I think games in general just look better in person than in video.

Around the Network
Areal-Llort said:
Can you use the Controller Pad as a steering wheel, similar to the Wiimotes?

Indeed you can! Most figured that out the hard way. :L

I've said this several times, and I still hold this statement.

This is the most technically impressive WiiU title. Really can't wait. It seems this one will be my favorite MK ever.

Oh wow. So smooth!
So excited for this!

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Areal-Llort said:
Can you use the Controller Pad as a steering wheel, similar to the Wiimotes?

You most certainly can.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
The video being shot at 60 fps creates a misleading effect (look at the people in the background of the kiosk), the game is smooth, but it's not that smooth. And yes, I played this same track at E3.

Filming a 60fps screen with a 60fps camera doesn't make the screen look any smoother than it is. 60fps is 60fps.

I've played this track twice at E3, it doesn't look like that. The frame rate looks like the official trailer Nintendo released:

Filming at 60 fps does create an unnatural effect, it's evident when you look at the people moving in the background of the shot.

The fact that the game itself is 60fps would nullify any such effect. Again, 60fps is 60fps, filming it at its own framerate cannot make it look smoother.