By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 boss: Microsoft's Xbox One policies surprised us

fighter said:

They took it quit further than Steam and Smartphones app policies. If you substract teh kinect it's not that much different.

Anyway - they did go to far, i was surprised and would have went PS4 if it weren't for their 180s.

nope, don't compared that crappy idea with Steam.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'll never understand how the fuck MS came to the conclusion that the whole DRM thing was a good idea. From the first person to suggest the idea to the final approval no one saw that they were fucking up in the whole company?

Microsoft uses chian models of democracy aka "Shut up and do your job, the boss says it's okay to kill the kittens."

Pemalite said:
They surprised the world.
They may have also damaged the Xbox as a brand massively because of it.

Sony did some massive damage in the 7th gen. Nintendo has clearly did something wrong in the 8th gen.

Its cyclical, they all fuck up. Fortunately, MS fixed the biggest issues before launch. Price cuts are also inevitable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

yeah he was suprised alright. only thing suprise them was the price

PullusPardus said:
fighter said:

They took it quit further than Steam and Smartphones app policies. If you substract teh kinect it's not that much different.

Anyway - they did go to far, i was surprised and would have went PS4 if it weren't for their 180s.

Because you think Steam is DRM free... wow, the ignorance.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'll never understand how the fuck MS came to the conclusion that the whole DRM thing was a good idea. From the first person to suggest the idea to the final approval no one saw that they were fucking up in the whole company?

really, thats all they thought about. they thought whatever they do people will buy the console. 

fighter said:
PullusPardus said:
fighter said:

Its not , but I can play all my games offline and I can even save them on an HDD and play online without a subscription.

The things Microsoft did back then were not "Going further" it was just bad policies

Troll_Whisperer said:

I like the idea that they looked at other existing monopolies they had (Windows) and others had in media 'purchasing' (iTunes) and tried to replicate these on a market they do not have a monopoly on. Problem is, they used the "This is what we've got, you'll have to like." part of Windows monopoly and forgot that iTunes dropped their DRM long ago.

Hmm, pie.

PullusPardus said:
fighter said:
PullusPardus said:
fighter said:

Its not , but I can play all my games offline and I can even save them on an HDD and play online without a subscription.

The things Microsoft did back then were not "Going further" it was just bad policies

"but I can play all my games offline"

nope

the pay to play online policy is not related to Xbox One but to 360 and has been now adopted by PS4 without complains so why is this part of your outrage ?

fighter said:

"but I can play all my games offline"

nope

the pay to play online policy is not related to Xbox One but to 360 and has been now adopted by PS4 without complains so why is this part of your outrage ?

He is talking about playing single player games without needing to be logged into Steam. MS was trying to make it so that if you don't log in your can never play any of your games period.

He wasn't talking about online, hence why he said "offline".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!