By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii's Forgotten Killer App

The VC

I had been sick and in the infrimarary for the last 3 days(they had wireless so I was on here alot) and there were 4 other guys in my room. Well, to make this story short when you are cooped up in a room for 3 day you find things to discuss. I brought up videogames. 2 of them were nuetral to videogames, one said he loves games but likes action packed FPS games(he is a 360 guy) and the other said he did not play games much, but when he did he would play his PC.

So anyways, I told the two nuetral guys about the VC and exlained how it worked and both of there eye lit up, and when I mentioned that OoT was on it he said he is getting a Wii, and the others said he was going to get one also... The VC was the killer app with these two. They said they would probably get SSBB, SMG, and MKWii also, but the VC is what pushed them over the edge.

The other two were intrigued by this, and the guy who was into FPS games was intrigue when I started explaining the possibities of how a FPS could work with the WiiMote. He said he was definitily going to look into it and probably because of its price would not be a big deal to pick one up.

I found this whole thing interesting because it kinda showed my in a small sample why the Wii is spreading like wildfire. It has so many things that some may not care but others will buy the console for it, but then those people will want a Wii for the reason that the others could not care less about. The HDconsoles have like 2 things going for them... GRAPHICS!!!! and mediafunctionality (most people own a PC anyways)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Yeah Nintendo needs to advertise this more. There are plenty of gamers who would really like to play the classics. I bet when Wii is sub-$200 more of these VC only type of gamers will buy in.

I was pretty impressed by it when I heard how extensive the system is, but not enough to convince me to get a Wii. Anyway, how large is each game?

Christmas eve, I had people over my house and we were discussing about the upcoming film "Cloverfield." Some of them didn't know what it was so I started up Wii and went into the internet channel for YouTube to find the trailer. A couple of them were so amazed that I was able to get the internet on my TV. Mind you, we've played Wii Sports before and they all enjoyed it, but that was not enough of a selling point for them; the internet channel was. Theses people want Wii now...because of the internet channel...

mikey said:
Christmas eve, I had people over my house and we were discussing about the upcoming film "Cloverfield." Some of them didn't know what it was so I started up Wii and went into the internet channel for YouTube to find the trailer. A couple of them were so amazed that I was able to get the internet on my TV. Mind you, we've played Wii Sports before and they all enjoyed it, but that was not enough of a selling point for them; the internet channel was. Theses people want Wii now...because of the internet channel...

They are quite stupid... what is so special about having internet on the TV?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
mikey said:

They are quite stupid... what is so special about having internet on the TV?

actually, that's what I was thinking.

It's only forgotten because they haven't released killer games recently. (I think) I'm sure it will pick up once the Wiiware games start to come out.

Most people think "teh intranets" is only for computers. Before the IPhone most people thought the internet wasn't available on cell phones. Most people do not know the Wii or PS3 can browse the internet(though the wii does the best job out of the box). Many PS3 owners do not know about folding at home. this isn't to say that a lot don't because a lot do but when it comes to the standard consumer this is not the kind of thing they think about unless it is advertised ala the IPhone.
The same goes for VC it is inconspicous channel called shop without saying what to shop for and it has to be checked. I think by adding VC demos to Supersmash brothers it was a great start features need ot be advertised or easily discoverable but mostly advertised.

My PC is upstairs, so when my mates come round for a beer we use the Wii to go online. Another good thing is you can connect to a neighbours internet if you dont have a connection.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

vc is really a big part on wii and should be advertised more by nity i think alot of old gamers will buy one for it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"