By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii's Forgotten Killer App

Munkeh111 said:
mikey said:
Christmas eve, I had people over my house and we were discussing about the upcoming film "Cloverfield." Some of them didn't know what it was so I started up Wii and went into the internet channel for YouTube to find the trailer. A couple of them were so amazed that I was able to get the internet on my TV. Mind you, we've played Wii Sports before and they all enjoyed it, but that was not enough of a selling point for them; the internet channel was. Theses people want Wii now...because of the internet channel...

They are quite stupid... what is so special about having internet on the TV?

I don't think they're stupid, they just didn't know. And what is special depends on the person. For one obvious reason, it gives internet access beyond the computer. So someone might be doing something on the computer but others can still access the 'net via the Wii. Also, it could just be more comfortable to some. I like the idea of just browsing the net from across the room laying out on the couch. And for doing something like watching Youtube videos or whatever, it can be easier for a lot of people to watch at once on a bigger screen TV.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

could have downloaded the cloverfield trailer in HD on the PS3! with a mouse and keyboard at that. is the wii internet browser a full fledged browser? flash player? use java applets?