By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What sells more, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD or Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII?

What sells more across all platforms, FFX/X-2 HD or Lightning Returns

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD 323 72.91%

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 67 15.12%

What's a Final Fantasy?? 7 1.58%

See Results 46 10.38%

Total:443

I take both. Lightning Returns will probably be first one since I import it from Japan on November release.

As for your question, I find it incredibly hard to picture an outlook. Maybe virtual tie.

Around the Network

So I really hate Square Enix

FF X doesn't have a release date and given that Kingdom Hearts comes out in September, you would assume October/November. I guess that is okay, but still, not great to release it just before new consoles

Lightning Returns is coming out in February, but not on next-gen, why would they do that? I'll probably buy it, but I definitely won't be happy unless they announce a PS4 version

I reckon they'll sell similar numbers. Nobody cares about Lightning

I think LR is really going to be hurt by its late release date, unless they think they can get people during the next gen software droughts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lightning Returns will outsell X/X-2 HD remake. I've pre ordered both but I'm not sure if those pre orders will stand.

Lightning Returns is one I plan on getting and my guess will sell more.

Around the Network

i hope that X/X-2 HD will sell more, but i think realistically the 2 games will probably be close in numbers with Lightning in the front.

i just hope X/X-2 HD does really well so SE can see there still is a market for classic gameplay.

The new game, but I'll be buying F X/X2, maybe twice since I want it both places. I may get LR later if there's a trilogy since I have not played any in XIII yet.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Lightning returns will sell more, but I do think FFX will post very respectable numbers.

If FFX HD sells more, that will tell Sqenix that we as consumers want lazy ports.

If Lightning Returns sells more, expect to see more of one of the most critically bashed Final Fantasy games stick around for years to come.

Hmm... can I hope they both fail?

Didn't Lightning get voted the best (Final Fantasy?) character of all time or something like that in a recent poll in Japan? I think Japan will lap up 13-3

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?