By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony GamesCom was awesome! Only Sony takes Europe serious now?

areason said:
the conference was terrible, the infamous trailer was nice but most of it was seen before, as for killzone it was good but we are still in the dark, am i guessing it has no mechs/jetpacks?? DriveClub wasn't shown and we had no new game announcements other then downloadables and indies.


rime, that post apocalyptic game (okay it was just a teaser) and shadow of the beast (which looks fucking awesome)



Around the Network

By the way, I'm going to go full fanboy and say that Microsoft brought way more new AAA games than Sony.



hm, it was ok, but I expect the japanese stuff at the TGS show to be more interesting

there is no need to concern yourselves with the likes of DirtyP and so on, we know they pledged allegianced to a different console maker



DirtyP2002 said:
eFKac said:
DirtyP2002 said:
That was the most rubbish press conference I have ever seen.

If you don't like indie games that have a price tag above free, there was NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING at all.

They basically confirmed the death of the PS Vita. Yeah we have the Vita, here are 3 ports of games that can be bought for $5 on Xbox 360 / PS3 and PC already and a handful of indie games. No first party support, but we cut the price...

No game announcements for the PS3 (no surprise though).

Showing off 15 indie games I can find in every appstore on every smartphone already was just embarrissing to watch. And most of them are either console exclusives or timed exclusives. "We built the most powerful console - here are games you can play on Windows 95!"

I had a chat with 2 co-workers who are PS fans and even they said this was boring and a pain to watch. Whoever is responsible for this conference needs to be fired today.

-4/10

You got a lesson, not to watch a Sony conference ever again, won't waste your time,you will appriciate it and people on forums as well.


I watch all the conferences, probably even longer than you even start playing games. This one just sucked. It was a nightmare, heck you even see sony supporters in this thread being disappointed. My co-worker even had a countdown running at work just for this conference and the first thing he said to me: "Ich koche vor Wut!" which means something like "I am in rage-mode right now". It really was that bad.

Even if you started watching from the first E3 in 1995, you could have started at least on par with my first gaming experiences with "Pegasus" :P And well if you think that this one was worse than MS conferences in 2010 and 2011 with their infamous kinect focus, or the Xbone reveal conference with the first 30 minutes of TV blabering, or several conferences from Ubi or EA that usually are weak and/or embarassing, then it seems we search for different things in a conference.



So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Lafiel said:

hm, it was ok, but I expect the japanese stuff at the TGS show to be more interesting

there is no need to concern yourselves with the likes of DirtyP and so on, we know they pledged allegianced to a different console maker


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxoMqs7iGqk



Around the Network

Europe always gets the memo last, because it needs to be localised into all them languages. Sometimes there's no effort at all.



WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

was quite boring imo.



DirtyP2002 said:
ethomaz said:
DirtyP2002 said:
That was the most rubbish press conference I have ever seen.

If you don't like indie games that have a price tag above free, there was NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING at all.

They basically confirmed the death of the PS Vita. Yeah we have the Vita, here are 3 ports of games that can be bought for $5 on Xbox 360 / PS3 and PC already and a handful of indie games. No first party support, but we cut the price...

No game announcements for the PS3 (no surprise though).

Showing off 15 indie games I can find in every appstore on every smartphone already was just embarrissing to watch. And most of them are either console exclusives or timed exclusives. "We built the most powerful console - here are games you can play on Windows 95!"

I had a chat with 2 co-workers who are PS fans and even they said this was boring and a pain to watch. Whoever is responsible for this conference needs to be fired today.

-4/10

What your score for the MS conference?


they had no press conference, but the announcements were FAR better. Heck, they just announced I will get Fifa 14 for free, while sony came up with: Here are 15 timed exclusive games for $3 each. One of them is even free when you pay $50 a year.

Just posted a link to MS presentation :

 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166599



Sony's presentation was  more ambitious than years before, in that respect it was awesome (despite camera issues....). The structure of the news of ps3, ps vita, indies and ps4 was correct too. But this conference wasn't for me. I didn't want to hear about indies more than 15 minutes, what i wanted was some surprise exclusive for PS4 and some info on what Santa Monica, Naughty Dog or Media Molecule were doing. PS vita, despite the amazing use of remote play, didn't have any game showed that i'm interested.

I think i should wait for VGA 2013 to see something really new for ps4....



bananaking21 said:
areason said:
the conference was terrible, the infamous trailer was nice but most of it was seen before, as for killzone it was good but we are still in the dark, am i guessing it has no mechs/jetpacks?? DriveClub wasn't shown and we had no new game announcements other then downloadables and indies.


rime, that post apocalyptic game (okay it was just a teaser) and shadow of the beast (which looks fucking awesome)

i don't buy a new console to buy small titles.