By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft Announced for PS3/PS4/Vita (GamesCom)

Smeags said:
chocoloco said:

Some of us are happy it is coming to PS4 because we want to play it on PS4 and not have buy the bone to play the new version.

That's cool, and I totally get that. But the title as it was only told you that the game was no longer "exclusive" (Thanks to Badgenome for setting that straight from the get go) to Xbox.

What does that mean? PS3? PS4? Vita? Wii U?! Ouya?! Why was the focus of the title Xbox losing an "exclusive"? Why couldn't it have been the PlayStation family getting a great game?

But yeah, cool stuff for PS only owners. Enjoy the game. ^_^

Lol, Smeags, you have been here long enough and a mod long enough that I do not think you are such an idealist poster that you really believe it would ever be one big celebration. Oh, you so funny.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
What happened to the thread title?

It got de-flamebait-ified.

Signature goes here!

MikeRox said:

Full Fat Minecraft in your pocket on a sub $200 device is a Sony exclusive ;)

Vita ver is the big news for me here. Gotta have something to play on it right?

Not strictly.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe&hl=en_GB

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Android-Verizon-Phone/dp/B004ZSGAMU/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1377031149&sr=1-4

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

True, but the mobile version is limited in comparison with the "full fat" version.

However that said, it could well end up being that the Vita version is an Android/iOS port in which case there still wouldn't be a portable full fat mine craft >_

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Y U NO release this for WiiU? :[

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Minecraft is boring. Yeah. I said it.

sales2099 said:
BMaker11 said:
sales2099 said:

Sigh.......because 360 is allready capitalizing on it. Thats 8+ million sales Sony didn't get.

ummm....so? Sales are sales. Money is money. Fanbase is fanbase. And despite what you've said earlier in this thread, there isn't a downtrend. 11,000+ copies of the game are sold daily even to this day, years after the game has came out, as someone else has pointed out.

You're argument is saying that it's pointless for put a game out on a platform  after it's sold X amount on another. With something like KH3, for example, I can understand because Xbox owners just aren't gonna buy it....or at least, it'll sell a small fraction of what the PS4 version will sell. But this is Minecraft. It's selling millions across all platforms, years after release. So, sure, there's 8+ million sales Sony didn't get. That doesn't mean that there aren't more fans out there to buy the game. Otherwise the game would have, and try to grasp this, stopped selling.

Not to mention that you've been trumpeting it as a console exclusive and it was a "big reason the get the Xbox One"...now you're just doing damage control

Im saying that PS4 sales are a fraction to what MS allready made on the game and is cashing in too late. Thats real damage control.

Giving their userbase another game to play is damage control?

Who gives a crap how old something is or how much it sold on another platform? Really Sales?

Were you thinking the same way when it was announced for 360? You know, that it sold countless millions on PC and then countless millions on smartphones and tablet?

Of course you didn't.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

maximrace said:
Lol I you find this a megaton... Sony fans getting desperate lol

PS4 is in the the lead in hype, public opinion and pre orders. The leader doesn't get depserate.

Kantor said:
MikeRox said:

Full Fat Minecraft in your pocket on a sub $200 device is a Sony exclusive ;)

Vita ver is the big news for me here. Gotta have something to play on it right?

Not strictly.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe&hl=en_GB

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Android-Verizon-Phone/dp/B004ZSGAMU/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1377031149&sr=1-4

Ever played the mobile version before? I only ask because it is VERY scaled back. I mean, you could walk from one end of the map to the other in no time at all. The game world is shrunk down BIG TIME.

If the Vita version is more to the scale of the original and/or console releases then it would easily be the top mobile version.

I think the Vita version is the big winner here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This is good for playstation owners. Its still selling well on the 360 and I'm sure it will sell well on the PS3. I'm not sure how the Xbox One version will do though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54