By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Marketing Machine has woken! Game Fuel, Billboards, Movie theaters and much more

I think the op over estimates nfl fans. Sure there are a lot of hardcore sports fans but what would make them buy a 500 dollar machine when they dont game? And a whole lot read majority, are casual fans and only watch weeklybecause its social

Around the Network

I still think the price of Xbox One will prevent MS from dominating in America.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

That's a nice plus for Xbone except that it's NA only(?) and it's just a little extra for the American Football gamer. Is it a reason to buy an Xbox instead of a Ps4, or does it merely make the already decided gents just a little more excited about their decision.

Anyhow, it's good for MS to get some positive attention.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dude bros rejoice! Yep, this is definitely the crowd MS wants. It's pretty smart. The American and European gamer who buys annualized games make up the largest percentage of third party title buyers.

COD, Madden, Fifa are the primary objectives.

Yeah, that's not exactly the point.

More than likely, during every football game, you'll see on-field, off-field, interstitial, and mentions during the pre-game show advertising. 

I think Fifa 14 with a preorder is a great idea in Europe and will help make the price difference in the consoles not seem as bad. I just think that only launching in specific countries instead of worldwide might hurt them.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Soundwave said:

MS is smart to go after this audience.

This is kinda the thing with MS to all the Sony fans that were laughing it up all summer -- the XBox division is no push over and especially when it comes to North America they know their marketing and how to target the core audience.

There's so many people I meet even today who think the XBox 360 is more powerful than a PS3, even the PS3 probably has some of the better looking games this gen.

As long as they're not up against Apple, MS tends to know what they're doing. The $100 price differenece is what's really haunting MS now, but if they bundle a game for the US as well, that will go a ways in alleviating concerns I think.

I see nothing too amazing about the strategy (there have been dual commercials / official sponsor of a sport (hell there are even official sponsored vitamins, car, etc).  Basically, it is Microsoft giving money or products to NFL to be associated with it.  I'm sure it will help them with a decent bump (more than perhaps Buick money hatting the PGA or Shaq).  However, it seems MS is more focused on USA market than anything.  It is basically like MS is giving up the rest of the world just for USA.  If they aren't careful they might end up like Atari (Atari mainly sold the most in USA) and only have one main market to sell to.  Of course I'm expecting a money deal with EA for FIFA free game for Europe in bundle or something like that soon to be announced.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/02/20/Research-and-Ratings/NFL-Sponsor-Loyalty.aspx

It's worth reading to understand the importance of Sponsership.

"One of two new questions added to this year’s survey found that fans who correctly identified league sponsors were more likely than general fans to use that knowledge when making their own consumer decisions (see chart, below)."

The budget for the Xbox One is ridiculous XD and the ads aren't even out yet.

Necromunda said:
Soundwave said:
The main issue with the XB1 is the $100 price gap, but I think MS will respond quickly if the PS4 gets too much steam.

Library wise I think MS has the better library ... Rhyse, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct at launch and then Titanfall next spring trumps Sony's exclusives. Forza/Drive Club is a wash.

Considering Sony hasn't announced the vast majority of their PS4 exlusives yet... your point is kind of moot, dont you think?

Just seems weird that fans are ok with SOny staying silent on their games this whole time....especially with a rich, and I mean rich, history of annoucning games 2+ years in advance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Just seems weird that fans are ok with SOny staying silent on their games this whole time....especially with a rich, and I mean rich, history of annoucning games 2+ years in advance.

Weird that fans would even bring that up considering they were always got flak from it. So now they dont do it and are still getting flak.... okay then

DirtyP2002 said:
I can't believe some guys here even doubt the effect such a sponsoring deal has. You really need to go to a marketing class and just learn the very basic stuff.

Oh boy.

OT: This can really help with the negative image of the console. Football=good, therefore item sponsoring football=good. I don't think this is going to pull football fans in mass to the console though. It only makes them like the concept of the new xbox, not necessarily feel the need to spend $499 and buy one at launch. Great first step though.