By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Marketing Machine has woken! Game Fuel, Billboards, Movie theaters and much more

Microsoft is investing hard in sports. Not really a dumb bet, for sure.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

It's a good play alright, and it should help push sales. These people who anticipate the PS4 to destroy the XOne come launch may well be proven wrong, because I honestly believe the XOne will outsell the PS4, in America at least this year (12 months).

Who knows. But I do know that this isn't "Football", it's "American Football". So frustrating...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I expect to see Xbox One ads in Rol's NFL thread.

Conegamer said:
It's a good play alright, and it should help push sales. These people who anticipate the PS4 to destroy the XOne come launch may well be proven wrong, because I honestly believe the XOne will outsell the PS4, in America at least this year (12 months).

Who knows. But I do know that this isn't "Football", it's "American Football". So frustrating...

Not a chance

Xbox One wont be outselling anything(PS4) at $499, sorry

That's wishful thinking if anything, Coney

enditall727 said:
Conegamer said:

Not a chance

Xbox One wont be outselling anything at $499, sorry

That's wishful thinking if anything, Coney

Perhaps. But...well, the American market tends to be more suceptible to trends than other markets (which isn't a knock). However, there's a lot of people out there awaiting a new system, who likely won't know about those problems with the DRM and the such like. So who knows. I think it'll be closer than a lot of people imagine, is all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

MS needs to get advertisements and viral videos ready ASAP to showcase the NFL Fantasy Sports integration. That will be a huge deal in the US. People that I know that have seen this are really excited about it.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Ok, I'm a little bit confused. Isn't it still cheaper to buy a PS4 and Fifa than it is to buy an X1 and get Fifa free? Am I missing something? Can't Sony just put out a Fifa bundle with a lower price tag on the box?

The PS5 Exists. 

Normal considering the deal. It is good adds started

I want that Xbox One Mountain Dew can. It looks nice. This kind of advertising is good, it attracts the crowd Microsoft wants.

Goatseye said:
Necromunda said:
Soundwave said:
The main issue with the XB1 is the $100 price gap, but I think MS will respond quickly if the PS4 gets too much steam.

Library wise I think MS has the better library ... Rhyse, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct at launch and then Titanfall next spring trumps Sony's exclusives. Forza/Drive Club is a wash.

Considering Sony hasn't announced the vast majority of their PS4 exlusives yet... your point is kind of moot, dont you think?

I'm sorry but what is Sony gonna announce? Your rebuttal might be moot my friend.

So firstly, Sony is the sponsor of the Champions League, ie the most prestigous actual football competition

And in terms of exclusives, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and Media Molecule all have PS4 games under wraps (actually Guerilla do as well, but that might be further away)

But the M$ marketing machine is going to be absurd, though it didn't manage to convince people about Windows 8 even though that is fundamentally a good product