By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - According to Activision Rep, Crash Bandicoot is Now Owned By Sony Computer Entertainment

August 19th, 2013 at 7:30 pm During a call with Klaystation, and his friends from YouTube (who are on a separate Skype call), an Activision representative told him that Crash Bandicoot is not owned by the company. Instead, the representative told them that Crash is owned by Sony Computer Entertainment and believes the developer of the next Crash Bandicoot is Naughty Dog. She also believes that they are no longer working on the series.

Skip to 0:39 for the call.

This is most likely a misunderstanding of the franchise by the representative but with the lack of Crash games being developed by Activision, it’s not completely impossible to see Sony taking back the franchise. Nevertheless, this conversation was pretty hilarious from beginning to end as the other people outside of the call were in hysterics. What do you think? Could we see a new Crash by Naughty Dog and will there be a surprise announcement about another Crash game sometime soon? Personally, I believe it’s highly unlikely, but hey, nothing’s impossible. We have reached out to Activision and Sony Computer Entertainment for comment.

Around the Network

I got over Crash Bandicoot by the second one, but good news for the new generation of young Sony gamers.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Wait... MEGATON???

Please be true
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

I started gaming on the PS1 with Crash 3. Many of my childhoods' best moments are in the Crash games.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

OH....MY GOD, CRASH REBOOT?!

Around the Network

The Crash Bandicoot trademark was renewed by Activision in 2011...

http://www.trademarkia.com/crash-bandicoot-75179576.html

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Oh

my

*faints before completing sentence*

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

If true that would have to have been VERY recently given their stance on his inclusion in PSASBR.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Probably not true but if it was true :D

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?