By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many units will the Vita sell in Japan this fall.

How many units will be sold between september 1st and december 31st.

250k 23 28.75%

500k 28 35.00%

750k 12 15.00%

1 million units+ 17 21.25%

Total:80
soulfly666 said:
tbone51 said:
soulfly666 said:
If the Vita gets bundled with the PS4 for 550 or less, tons of people are going to buy it in all regions, including a huge percentage of the people who hate on it.

yea, but he said japan not western market, we dont even kno if ps4 launches 2013 yet, also you dont kno if a bundle is coming, why dont we just hope for a price cut 1st? I mean vita is a handheld first, not a controller, dont kno why every1 thinks ps4 going to boost its sales by a huge margin

Everyone thinks it, because PS4 could possibly more than half the price of the Vita if the rumored $500 bundle is true.  I certainly think that would have a huge effect regardless of remote play factor, which may or may not drive sales much.  Also, if they bundle it in the Western market, they could likely bundle it anywhere they want.  Price of hardware and memory is clearly what is holding the Vita back.  It is a great system otherwise.  I certainly don't regret getting one.

i meant was that would be $150 off a vita, wouldn't sony be losing tons of money? ps4 will boost vita sales but by how much is everybody talking about? thats th question!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
My prediction is

180k=Sept
120k=Oct (pokemon comes out, it'll mke hardware sales drop)
230k=Nov (GE2)
350k=Dev

880k, so under a mil! No more than 1mil

You're over egging the September sales. Over 40k a week, a 250% imcrease on now? Why?

arent like 4 of the games in the op coming out sept? also in my head i had killzone, totally forgot its western not eastern

Some really good games there. I'd say around 750k, give or take 50k.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
My prediction is

180k=Sept
230k=Nov (GE2)
350k=Dev

You're over egging the September sales. Over 40k a week, a 250% imcrease on now? Why?

arent like 4 of the games in the op coming out sept? also in my head i had killzone, totally forgot its western not eastern

You follow COMG. You tell me if they're big enough to more than double the weekly average.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
My prediction is

180k=Sept
230k=Nov (GE2)
350k=Dev

You follow COMG. You tell me if they're big enough to more than double the weekly average.

then i guess we wont see more than 600k for the rest of the year, i was trying to be nice :p

Around the Network

I don't make predictions.  But here's a September-December release schedule for anyone interested (beware, incoming box art spam).  There's still a few major games without release dates.

September

5th

Killzone Mercenary

19th

My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu

26th

Legend of Heroes: Sen No Kiseki

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Chronos Materia

October

10th

Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reloaded

Let's Make a Pro Soccer Team

Slotter Mania V: High School of the Dead

17th

FIFA 14

24th

Samurai Warriors 2 HD with Xtreme Legends & Empires

31st

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth

November

7th

Exstetra

14th

God Eater 2

21st

New Atelier Rorona

24th

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013

28th

Steins;gate Linear Bounded Phenogram

Criminal Girls: Invitation

Rozen Maiden

No release date, but scheduled for 2013

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD

Gundam Breaker

J-Stars Victory Vs Super Heroine Chronicle

Amnesia: Vita Edition

Hyper Goddess Faith Noir

Phew. Anyway, there's nothing much coming until the end of September with Legend of Heroes really; then Danganronpa should keep a bit of momentum in early October. Then it's a bit of a long wait until October 31st with Hyperdimension Neptunia beginning a schedule of a release a week, with God Eater 2 being the massive title in among all that.

Final Fantasy; J-Stars & Gundam getting release dates could really really help (it'd help if they plugged some gaps in the release schedule too), but it's probably a little late for that.

I wouldn't say Vita has a stellar lineup for the holidays this year, but it's a damn sight better than what they had in 2012.

Kresnik said:

I don't make predictions.  But here's a September-December release schedule for anyone interested (beware, incoming box art spam).  There's still a few major games without release dates.

September

5th

Killzone Mercenary

19th

My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu

26th

Legend of Heroes: Sen No Kiseki

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Chronos Materia

October

10th

Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reloaded

Let's Make a Pro Soccer Team

Slotter Mania V: High School of the Dead

17th

FIFA 14

24th

Samurai Warriors 2 HD with Xtreme Legends & Empires

31st

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth

November

7th

Exstetra

14th

God Eater 2

21st

New Atelier Rorona

24th

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013

28th

Steins;gate Linear Bounded Phenogram

Criminal Girls: Invitation

Rozen Maiden

No release date, but scheduled for 2013

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD

Gundam Breaker

J-Stars Victory Vs Super Heroine Chronicle

Amnesia: Vita Edition

Hyper Goddess Faith Noir

Thanks, updated some of the release dates and added Orochi. Just want keep it restricted to flagship titles or titles likely to sell over 100k

My own prediction:

September- 90k
October-140k
November-210k
December-300k

teigaga said:

Thanks, updated some of the release dates and added Orochi. Just want keep it restricted to flagship titles or titles likely to sell over 100k

Oh yeah, I got that :P.  I just wanted to post a full list since I found it interesting; and since people were making predictions.