By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many units will the Vita sell in Japan this fall.

How many units will be sold between september 1st and december 31st.

250k 23 28.75%

500k 28 35.00%

750k 12 15.00%

1 million units+ 17 21.25%

Total:80

It's selling at around a little more than 15k each week right now, so my prediction is that it'll sell around 80k september and october, maybe 120k november and about 160k December.

So, 440k total.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Phew. Anyway, there's nothing much coming until the end of September with Legend of Heroes really; then Danganronpa should keep a bit of momentum in early October. Then it's a bit of a long wait until October 31st with Hyperdimension Neptunia beginning a schedule of a release a week, with God Eater 2 being the massive title in among all that.

Final Fantasy; J-Stars & Gundam getting release dates could really really help (it'd help if they plugged some gaps in the release schedule too), but it's probably a little late for that.

I wouldn't say Vita has a stellar lineup for the holidays this year, but it's a damn sight better than what they had in 2012.

I agree, but...that really isn't hard now, is it?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

500k is achievable but 1m seems difficult since the big games come for other platforms as well (Legend of Heroes, FFX/X-2 HD, J-Stars on PS3 and God Eater 2 on PSP)

No less than 800k. with Kresnik's list thats 24 titles so I think we will see a big boost this time around.

500,000 to 750,000. Man, Japan is lucky. Vita gets so much better support there.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I agree, but...that really isn't hard now, is it?

*Shrug*

It started off well in 2012; riding the wave of Hatsune Miku + Ys 4 & EDF 2017 in September and then Legend of Heroes & Little Battlers in October.  It's just they had nothing beyond that to keep the momentum going, but they seem to have spaced things out a little better this year (assuming some of those games without release dates are scheduled for December).