By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - #DRIVECLUB To Own GamesCom's Next-Gen Racing Genre (Failed Prediction)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

You have a link to Sony saying that?

Is that needed? I mean what other game is competing in the racing genre with Forza 5 in PS4? There is no other game... Sony is realeasing #DriveClub to fact Forza 5.

I don't think the release of DriveClub has anything to do with Forza: http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/08/driveclub-to-be-one-of-the-biggest-titles-for-sony-from-a-dlc-perspective/

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

You forgot a word: Horizon. This is what it competes with. 30 fps, day-and-night change, open-world.

I don't any Horizon game at the front... #DriveClub vs Forza 5 is what PS4 and Xbone have and even with you disagree they are direct competitors right now.

Everybody is comparing Forza 5 to #DriveClub and #DriveClub to Forza 5... maybe that can be changed after one or two years.

but it's a stupid comparison. both games are totally different to me. I amcurious how both will look and perform though. dc has to be graphically waybetter than forza.

Nsanity said:

I don't think the release of DriveClub has anything to do with Forza: http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/08/driveclub-to-be-one-of-the-biggest-titles-for-sony-from-a-dlc-perspective/

My guesswork...

Sony: We need some game to face next Forza
PD: We are comminted to release a GT game after the GT6 on PS3
Sony: We need a game to launch with the console
Sony: Evolution what are you doing?
Evo: We are doing xxx
Sony: If you hold that xxx can you make a new racing game for PS4 launch?
Evo: We can do that
Sony: This game need to have a online experience comparable to Forza because the two games will be released close
Evo: Ok sir... we do a game that can surpass the online community aspect of Forza

We can spin or create another histories to fit (like my guesswork) but the fact is #DRIVECLUB will compete with Forza 5 at least in the first year of the console.

walsufnir said:

but it's a stupid comparison. both games are totally different to me. I amcurious how both will look and perform though. dc has to be graphically waybetter than forza.

It is stupid but it won't change the fact that they will compete for at least one year.

Everybody will put both face to face at launch... the different style never stopped the GT x Need For Speed or Forza x Need For Speed comparison.

Well once they take the piss colored clouds away from Drive Club I might be able to tell if the game is good or not.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
RenCutypoison said:

First OVA is out ? O_O

I saw the last illustration of the novels, I was like OMG the autor just destroyed the whole serie in one illustration.

Yeah they released all 3 on Crunchyroll already ( You have to be premium member though to watch it). 

Crunchyroll is not available in my country, and the equivalent releases only on anime per season (plus they are assholes, I already told em on their FB page, that made quite some noise).

Not a problem anyway, if I'm forced to be in illegality i'll be. Crunchyroll would not have existed without fansub anyway.

Well I predict Forza 5 will have a higher meta-critic and sell more than DriveClub.

NobleTeam360 said:
Well I predict Forza 5 will have a higher meta-critic and sell more than DriveClub.

I already predicted #DriveClub to sell more than Forza 5 in another thread I have faith

NobleTeam360 said:

If Sony were to include PS Plus sales then i couldn't really see that happening.

ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I already predicted #DriveClub to sell more than Forza 5 in another thread I have faith

Oh nevermind.