By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker HD Supports Pro Controller, Game Size is 2.6 GB's

Weedlab said:
cheesecake said:
Weedlab said:
Pro controller? Looking like an early buy for me.

wasn't it obvious though?

No ... it's Nintendo. Not very obvious.

And does NSMB U have pro controller support?

Yes it does now. Patch.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:

Yeah, Nintendo is very good at compressing data, on 3DS and Wii U, as well.

On Wii U? Really? If anything they don't seem to know what to do with all the Wii U's RAM and disc capacity.

I'm not sure how that goes against what he said.  In fact, I'd say it corroborates it.  

Though to be fair, I don't think they have many games that were pushing the hardware that much.  I'm thinking that the new Zelda game might do just that though, especially if it looks like that demo reel from E3 2011.

Nintendo's Wii U games haven't needed compression because they have way more space than they need.

the-pi-guy said:

I get your point.  

I doubt any of the on-disk stuff is very large, but they still might be compressing the downloads and maybe that's what he means? 

NSMBU is about 2 gigs. It's smaller than a lot of Wii games. Pikmin 3 weighs in at under 4 gigs. It's about half the size of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

the_dengle said:
the-pi-guy said:

I get your point.  

I doubt any of the on-disk stuff is very large, but they still might be compressing the downloads and maybe that's what he means? 

NSMBU is about 2 gigs. It's smaller than a lot of Wii games. Pikmin 3 weighs in at under 4 gigs. It's about half the size of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

i read somewhere that NSMBU is 300 mb...

Also remember if a game has a lot of pre-rendered cut scenes it takes a shit ton of room.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Not really much to compare that to, though.  I mean older games were much much smaller.  If you've ever played Super Mario RPG, that game is pretty large, and it's on only 4 MB of storage.  Super Mario All Stars had 4 games and it probably was only 4 MB also, maybe even less.

LittleBigPlanet is only about 2 GB also.

If older games should be smaller (and of course they should be), why are Wii U smaller than a lot of Wii games? Why is NSMBU smaller than Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii? They ought to have about the same amount of content.

Maybe I spoke too soon with the Wii U, as Nintendo has very few games on it yet. But their achievements compressing 3DS games are easy to compare.

Maybe Sony is also good at compressing games, how should I know? It would be tough to compare directly by number of levels, as I don't know how you could measure the "size" of the levels, but I'm pretty sure NSMBU has over 80, not counting Challenge Mode -- do you know how many LBP has?

Well then this begs the ?.

If the Gamepad is optional for game devs, shouldn't the purchase be an option for consumers?
And if that is the case, why was a console centered around a convenience? A convenience that most don't even see as a selling point?

Heck I still don't see how WWHD was even greenlit considering it is seen as the most controversial one in the series. An HD remake of the NES Zelda would sell more than this cra...game.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

the-pi-guy said:

How big is Donkey Kong Country Returns in terms of GBs?  

Even LBP is difficult to compare though, I don't think it has as many levels, but it's got that create mode that's bound to take up quite a bit.

3.34 gigs.

I expected a direct comparison between NSMBU and LBP would be weird. Mario also has a couple of extra modes, but no level creator.

the_dengle said:
the-pi-guy said:

Not really much to compare that to, though.  I mean older games were much much smaller.  If you've ever played Super Mario RPG, that game is pretty large, and it's on only 4 MB of storage.  Super Mario All Stars had 4 games and it probably was only 4 MB also, maybe even less.

LittleBigPlanet is only about 2 GB also.

If older games should be smaller (and of course they should be), why are Wii U smaller than a lot of Wii games? Why is NSMBU smaller than Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii? They ought to have about the same amount of content.

Maybe I spoke too soon with the Wii U, as Nintendo has very few games on it yet. But their achievements compressing 3DS games are easy to compare.

Maybe Sony is also good at compressing games, how should I know? It would be tough to compare directly by number of levels, as I don't know how you could measure the "size" of the levels, but I'm pretty sure NSMBU has over 80, not counting Challenge Mode -- do you know how many LBP has?

For comparison, here's the size of many high profile Wii and 3DS games

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/386209/features/just-how-much-space-do-nintendos-games-take-up/

the_dengle said:
the-pi-guy said:

How big is Donkey Kong Country Returns in terms of GBs?  

Even LBP is difficult to compare though, I don't think it has as many levels, but it's got that create mode that's bound to take up quite a bit.

3.34 gigs.

I expected a direct comparison between NSMBU and LBP would be weird. Mario also has a couple of extra modes, but no level creator.

3DS version was 2.16 GB

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)