By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker HD Supports Pro Controller, Game Size is 2.6 GB's

Otakumegane said:
2.6 GB?

How big was the 1st game? (Without Garbage data and whatnot I mean)

It fit on one GCN disc, so less than 1.5GB

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
2.6 GB?

Under 1.5 GB for sure.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

the game is bigger than i thought TBH, the original was only 1.5GB/less

the_dengle said:
Otakumegane said:
2.6 GB?

Well according to Wikipedia, GameCube discs maxed out at 1.5 gigs, and I think I found a ROM suggesting that it's 1.2 gigs. So the HD version would be about twice the size of the original.

Dunno anything about garbage data though.

It amazes me what Nintendo and other exclusive games on the GC were able to do with only 1.2 gigs.  

1.08gb

Around the Network
irstupid said:
the_dengle said:
Otakumegane said:
2.6 GB?

Well according to Wikipedia, GameCube discs maxed out at 1.5 gigs, and I think I found a ROM suggesting that it's 1.2 gigs. So the HD version would be about twice the size of the original.

Dunno anything about garbage data though.

It amazes me what Nintendo and other exclusive games on the GC were able to do with only 1.2 gigs.  

no kidding. but i wish they would've gave the GC a regular disc drive that can play DVDs. with that and the fact that it was cheaper than the PS2, one could only imagine what could have been.

irstupid said:

Yeah, Nintendo is very good at compressing data, on 3DS and Wii U, as well.

cheesecake said:

no kidding. but i wish they would've gave the GC a regular disc drive that can play DVDs. with that and the fact that it was cheaper than the PS2, one could only imagine what could have been.

If the GameCube had played DVDs, it would not have been cheaper than the PS2.

_crazy_man_ said:
cheesecake said:
hopefully the pro controller gets more support this time around, there weren't many games that used the CC on the Wii

From what I see most games support the Pro Controller.

Games on the top of my head that can't use it are:

NSMBU (this was patched in tho)

Nintendo Land

Lego City: Undercover

Batman Arkham City: AE

Scribblenaunts Unlimited

That is far fewer than I thought. I wonder if they are hedging their bets in case they have to drop the Gamepad.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

the_dengle said:
irstupid said:

Yeah, Nintendo is very good at compressing data, on 3DS and Wii U, as well.

On Wii U? Really? If anything they don't seem to know what to do with all the Wii U's RAM and disc capacity.