By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Update] Pokemon Wii U Teaser Leak!? [Via Neo Gaf]

Tagged games:

brute said:
Roma said:
brute said:
I wonder why Nintendo doesn't release a "true" Pokemon game for consoles, Pokemon is one of it's biggest series, it would help WiiU a lot in sales.

well they have stated before that they want to keep it for the handheld market.

and even if they do release a console Pokemon it would probably be like MH where the console version sells less than the handheld one

I agree that it would sell less, but it would still sell a few systems, something that the WiiU desperately needs.

I agree and I would love a full Pokemon game (always been a dream game) but I honestly doubt they will do one

they could honestly make a huge MMO and add weekly/monthly updates to include new Pokemon and items if their going to use the excuse of not enough time to make all the Pokemon

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
brute said:
Roma said:
brute said:
I wonder why Nintendo doesn't release a "true" Pokemon game for consoles, Pokemon is one of it's biggest series, it would help WiiU a lot in sales.

well they have stated before that they want to keep it for the handheld market.

and even if they do release a console Pokemon it would probably be like MH where the console version sells less than the handheld one

I agree that it would sell less, but it would still sell a few systems, something that the WiiU desperately needs.

I agree and I would love a full Pokemon game (always been a dream game) but I honestly doubt they will do one

they could honestly make a huge MMO and add weekly/monthly updates to include new Pokemon and items if their going to use the excuse of not enough time to make all the Pokemon

An MMO Pokemon would be epic.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

sc94597 said:
areason said:
-A more complex battle system, and potentially the ability to control your pokemon in battle like in arenas.

In which ways do you think pokemon should be more complex? Particularly, have you ever tried competitive battling?

Competitive battle is fun I wish I did it more.

But as for the screen teaser, I'm guessing a battle revolution/statium thing with maybe a story mode. The last thing I would expect is a full RPG. And they sould of had a second one for the Wii because there wasn't one put out for gen 5. (If it is the statium type game, what I would like is the addition they had with the N64 version with the ability to play the game on the console. With the opition of having DLC were you can play the older games, maybe have the remake of Ruby/Sapphire playable and make that the way of transfering the pokemon into X/Y)

sc94597 said:
areason said:
-A more complex battle system, and potentially the ability to control your pokemon in battle like in arenas.

In which ways do you think pokemon should be more complex? Particularly, have you ever tried competitive battling?

I haven't but when it comes to a single player console game i would find it hard to put more ten 20-30(which is nothing for an rpg) hours with the relatively unexciting combat system which the handheld games have. I am not nintendo, i do not need to have an idea about a functional combat system, but if they ever make a true pokemon rpg they should change the turn based combat. 

areason said:
sc94597 said:
areason said:

I haven't but when it comes to a single player console game i would find it hard to put more ten 20-30 hours with the current turn based and 4 attacks system. 

Well if you want more complexity to your pokemon game, definitely try competitive battling.  Dozens of hours would be spent perfecting your party's stats through IV and EV training alone. Then you also have to worry about having a balanced party including special attack sweepers, attack sweepers, special defense walls, and defence walls, with the right typing and the right moves.  Competitive battling is an entirely different breed from the single-player game, and one can't just demolish everything with legendaries (which are banned pretty much, unless one chooses Uber tier) if they don't know what they're doing.

Around the Network

Pokemon Coloseum 3 ? Count me in !

Great, and I was just talking about how Stadium is dead! D:

areason said:

You're funny. Pokemon is a game you can make as complex as you want. You can keep things simple, by just completing the story without caring for anything, and that's fine. But for those who want more, there's competitive battling. If you delve a bit into the battle system, you'll see it's actually really complex. Pokemon is easy to learn, but hard to master.