By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, even Nintendo thinks Wii is a Gamecube in a new suit!

RolStoppable said:
StarcraftManiac said:

So this leaves me with the question: If Wii has (zero to little) more power than the Gamecube, and the controller is the innovative part (which i digg, don't forget that) why support the Gamecube-controller. Then they just could've stick with the Gamecube... But this time around, we have a good looking Gamecube with online and that's actually selling well! But c'mon Nintendo; If the graphics are the same as last gen and i have to keep playing it with a Gamecube controller i might as well just stick with me old Cube...

1) The Wii is about twice as powerful as the Gamecube.

2) The Gamecube controller is supported to satisfy the waggle haters.

3) The Gamecube is dead, that's why Nintendo isn't anymore making games for it.

4) The graphics aren't the same as last gen.

5) You don't have to play it with a Gamecube controller, the Wiimote is supported as well.

6) This Mario Kart won't be released for the Gamecube.

7) This thread fails, because you haven't done your research before you started a pointless rant.

8) Cake tastes good.

9) Chocolate is even better.

10) I am hungry.

Neither have you ... as far as I remember there are no official Wii technical specs. so you 2x powerfull point is inexistent from the start ... yes the Wii is more powerfull than the GC ( MP3 , SMG , SSBB prooves this ) but whit how much nobody could tell ... 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

@Garcian, Not me. Chocolate cake ftw!

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

well this is for the people that want to play the game with the gc remote

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
StarcraftManiac said:

So this leaves me with the question: If Wii has (zero to little) more power than the Gamecube, and the controller is the innovative part (which i digg, don't forget that) why support the Gamecube-controller. Then they just could've stick with the Gamecube... But this time around, we have a good looking Gamecube with online and that's actually selling well! But c'mon Nintendo; If the graphics are the same as last gen and i have to keep playing it with a Gamecube controller i might as well just stick with me old Cube...

5) You don't have to play it with a Gamecube controller, the Wiimote is supported as well.

7) This thread fails, because you haven't done your research before you started a pointless rant.

8) Cake tastes good.

10) I am hungry.

11) Chocolate cake FTW!

12) Chocolate Ice Cream Cake for more win.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Garcian Smith said:
I'm partial to carrot cake myself. Who else likes carrot cake?

never tried it,but i like cheese cake the most

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
RPG_Fanatic said:
routsounmanman said:
RolStoppable said:
StarcraftManiac said:

8) Cake tastes good.

10) I am hungry.

11) Chocolate cake FTW!

12) Chocolate Ice Cream Cake for more win.

13) The cake is a lie

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Alexandervgc said:
Because the GC controller is the best in the world...

This is a valid point. The GCN controller has poor button layouts, but for a game like MKWii, that layout is actually good. Combine that with the fact that the GCN controller is the most comfortable traditional controller ever, and you basically come out with the fact that any game that CAN be played with the GCN controller SHOULD have that option.

Moving on, since we know that option does indeed exist, those graphics pointed out in the initial post are because the graphics will change depending on which controller method you have selected. If you've got waggle controls selected, the graphics show Wii buttons. If you've got the Classic Controller selected, it shows CC buttons. If you've got the GCN controller selected, it shows GCN buttons.

Simple. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

brute said:
Garcian Smith said:
I'm partial to carrot cake myself. Who else likes carrot cake?

never tried it,but i like cheese cake the most

Cheeecake is good, too. I love the key lime cheesecake from Trader Joe's. Damn, I want some now...

...oh, and something about Gamecube controllers to stay on topic. Er... uh... *thinks*  ...so how about that huge A button?  

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

thetonestarr said:
Alexandervgc said:
Because the GC controller is the best in the world...

This is a valid point. The GCN controller has poor button layouts, but for a game like MKWii, that layout is actually good. Combine that with the fact that the GCN controller is the most comfortable traditional controller ever, and you basically come out with the fact that any game that CAN be played with the GCN controller SHOULD have that option.

Moving on, since we know that option does indeed exist, those graphics pointed out in the initial post are because the graphics will change depending on which controller method you have selected. If you've got waggle controls selected, the graphics show Wii buttons. If you've got the Classic Controller selected, it shows CC buttons. If you've got the GCN controller selected, it shows GCN buttons.

Simple.

Personally, I think the Gamecube controller has superior button layouts.

I have an N-Gage... and still play it.

this is a clear example how nobody will satisfy all the people 100%...
If they don't add the possibility of using Gamecube controllers people will argue, If they put it people will start ridiculous threads with no base and personal assumptions...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989