By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, even Nintendo thinks Wii is a Gamecube in a new suit!

StarcraftManiac said:

This, my folks, is a picture from the online component of Mario Kart Wii.

Green A-button and red B-button (see arrows) suggests that Mario Kart Wii uses the Gamecube-controller. For the Wii version has white A and B buttons.

So this leaves me with the question: If Wii has (zero to little) more power than the Gamecube, and the controller is the innovative part (which i digg, don't forget that) why support the Gamecube-controller. Then they just could've stick with the Gamecube... But this time around, we have a good looking Gamecube with online and that's actually selling well! But c'mon Nintendo; If the graphics are the same as last gen and i have to keep playing it with a Gamecube controller i might as well just stick with me old Cube...

I'm not hating on Nintendo right now but they are the ones who should actually make sure their controller works in their games and not make it a Gamecube 1.5 game with online. Give the good example Nintendo!

yeh.. i think you are right.. they are completely ignoring the wiimotes functionality in this game

Around the Network

243 MHz ATI "Hollywood" : Wii
162 MHz ATI "Flipper" : Cube

The wii has 67% better graphics. Case closed.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

another person pointing out something with no research done, probally just for popularity. listen to rolstoppable and do some research next time. And in brawl you are able to use the gamecube controller but your not mad at that.

So, even Nintendo thinks Wii is a Gamecube in a new suit!

I know. It's like they didn't even try. Have you opened the flap on the side?

F*cker has gamecube ports! WTF SON!!!

LULZ 

Everyone knows that the Wii is much more powerful than the GC. Not as extreme a difference as there is between a PS2 and a PS3, but still a great difference. I will not point out all the differences because they have been pointed out over and over and the evidence can be had in about 30 seconds of googling. Why people choose to beat down the Wii and not just accept it as part of the video game revolution that we are privledged to be part of right now, is beyond me.

Around the Network
__XBrawlX__ said:
243 MHz ATI "Hollywood" : Wii
162 MHz ATI "Flipper" : Cube

The wii has 67% better graphics. Case closed.

Well, that's actually 50% faster, but as we know, MHz is not the only thing that determines performance.

BenKenobi88 said:

This argument is like saying PS3 or 360 are nothing different from their predecessors simply because the controllers are pretty much the same.

The Wii has had Classic controllers available for VC and various Wii games since day 1...the GC controller has become another option because people obviously like the controller.

Look at SMG, MP3, Brawl, etc, and tell me with a straight face that the Gamecube could do that...it can't. Also Wii DVDs are much bigger than GC discs...online capabilities, some flash memory, plenty more...people need to go back to Gamecube and see how much better the Wii is.

Here's a Melee/Brawl comparison...in case you forgot how much weaker the Gamecube typically was:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RE4t70acNfc

That video proves nothing.  Kirby looks the same in both!

On a more serious note I just had a chocolate cake with strawberries in the middle.  It was amazing.

N64 controller was TERRIBLE! GC controller was my second favorite(I love the SNES controller).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The Wii is just a souped up Gamecube. Nintendo have said it themselves: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/726/726749p1.html

Excerpt:

"The machine is based on GC," said Miyamoto. "We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."
----------------------------------------------------

You're making the assumption that people think that's a negative thing. I certainly don't. It's an over-powered Gamecube with motion controls and a few extra features, and it's awesome

That's definitely a good thing...full BC capabilities is ALWAYS good.

And the Wii is plenty more powerful, stores more, has online, etc, etc...it's plenty of improvement, and again, graphics are not everything. Wii Sports has more playtime on my system than any other game...and I'm quite certain that game could've been made on GC hardware.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )