By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be a Nintendo fan if Mario had never existed?

Tagged games:

NYCrysis said:
Pokemon nuff said :D Only Reason I have a 3ds and will get a wii u if a pokemon rpg comes to it. As a kid I only played crash and spyro and other ps1 platformers, but I also had a gba and played gold then fire red then emerald and ever since iv'e played the next gen pokemon games. I bought a pokemon xd gamecube just for pokemon. So I love nintendo but for pokemon. Hell I bought a wii specifically for pokemon battle revolution.

Pokemon Rumble U is out as an eShop-game. So go and buy a WiiU now!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Both Nintendo and video-games would never have existed without Mario.

Well, you're right - if we forget for a moment that Nintendo and video games already existed before Mario.

EDIT: Reading through the thread it seems you changed your post. So my answer seems pointless. Forget it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I certainly would. I despise Mario lol. I became a Nintendo fan after buying the Wii, my very first Nintendo console. The Super Mario Galaxy games are fantastic, two of the best games ever released, but I had to play them in small doses. There's only so many woo hoos and whee hees I can stand before I want to throw something at my telly lol.

For me Zelda and Metroid are more important than Mario.

Yes, the game that got me into videogames:

....the game that made me love Nintendo forever and solidified my "VG career":

Mnementh said:
NYCrysis said:
Pokemon nuff said :D Only Reason I have a 3ds and will get a wii u if a pokemon rpg comes to it. As a kid I only played crash and spyro and other ps1 platformers, but I also had a gba and played gold then fire red then emerald and ever since iv'e played the next gen pokemon games. I bought a pokemon xd gamecube just for pokemon. So I love nintendo but for pokemon. Hell I bought a wii specifically for pokemon battle revolution.

Pokemon Rumble U is out as an eShop-game. So go and buy a WiiU now!

I meant mainline rpg or atleast something like colesseum. This def. sparked my interest http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/17/another-pokemon-game-could-be-coming-to-wii-u :D

Around the Network

Blue was my first Pokémon game too! And Link's Awakening was what got me into Zelda.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

My favorite Nintendo series are Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Xeno series, and more. Do not really care for Mario too much, although I want to play the new Mario and Luigi Rpg that came out on the 3ds. So I think I would still like Nintendo even if there was no Mario.

Let me just start off by saying that without Mario... there'd be no Nintendo as we know it today. Mario introduced me to what Nintendo was all about and I liked it. So I don't think I'd know Nintendo for what it is had it not been for games like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64. Nintendo just wouldn't be the same without him or whatsiz face... green... looks like Mario... has this year dedicated to him... . I have no idea.

yes, because pokemon exists

I understand where you guys are coming from with Pokemon but chances are if Nintendo's success (which essentially came from Mario) wasn't what it was then other franchises couldn't have flourished so or even came into existence. You need a foundation to start building a home.