By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be a Nintendo fan if Mario had never existed?

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Mario is by a country mile Nintendo's biggest character and IP (IPs? Depends on who you ask). Heck, even enemies of the Nintendo kingdom played it back in the day and liked it. We all know Nintendo release a lot of Mario games so I'm wondering if Mario is the reason you're a Nintendo fan. If Mario didn't exist, would you have become a Nintendo fan in the first place back in the day? The question is primarily directed at Nintendo fans, but it could work for other people as well (if they hate Mario lol).

Considering Zelda was the first game of Nintendo's I played.. the answer would be yes.. if Mario did not exhist I would still be a Nintendo fan... 

Of course now you know what your next topics has to be don't ya??

If it wasn't for Halo would you still be a Xbot??

and if it wasn't for Final Fantasy 7 would you still love Sony and Playstation?? 

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network

Classically Mario is definitely a factor in my originally playing video games. Donkey Kong and Mario Bros were a couple of my favorite arcade games of all time (I still play a lot of Mario Bros) and later who didn't play Super Mario Bros?

Having said that, it's kind of like Mickey Mouse and Disney. Mickey might have been a portal to the wonderful world of Disney but there's a ton of great reasons to love Disney aside from Mickey. Same with Nintendo.

N64 and GC were systems my children played on. I never actually got into a Nintendo console until Wii and Mario have nothing to do with that but I still love Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii all the same.

Gamerace is right there's more to love than just Mario in the house of Nintendo. Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Pokemon, they're all big names and we all have reasons we love them and buy them.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!