By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zippy said:

The Mario franchise over the years has pretty much covered most gaming genres..from 2D platforming, 3D adventures, Sports sims, puzzlers and kart racing. But what about a first person Mario adventure or fps?? sounds crazy i know, but what a great setting the mushroom kingdom would be instead of a post nuclear fallout or alien planets. There have been plenty of projectile weapons throughout the Mario games in the past to make this a possibility.
What do you think? could this work? am i drunk.. who knows.

Nintendo doesnt promote adult violence with the character of mario.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Mandatory:

Lol wut?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

The Mario franchise over the years has pretty much covered most gaming genres..from 2D platforming, 3D adventures, Sports sims, puzzlers and kart racing. But what about a first person Mario adventure or fps?? sounds crazy i know, but what a great setting the mushroom kingdom would be instead of a post nuclear fallout or alien planets. There have been plenty of projectile weapons throughout the Mario games in the past to make this a possibility.
What do you think? could this work? am i drunk.. who knows.

I guess you've never played Paper Mario.

Funnily enough I have been thinking about how Nintendo could do Mario Fps recently. I think for it to work they need to take a similar direction that they took with Mario Kart against the more violent weapon based Racing gaming genre. Make a more children friendly FPS in terms of the level of acceptable violence. Which is actually quite simply to do, as all you need to do would be to replace the standard guns setup with the existing Mario power system. So instead of machine guns, etc you can get the Fire Flower, Ice Flower, Hammer Suit & Boomerang Flower as your projectile weapons. You could also mix it up by making jumping ever presence in the game. So you need to jump to navigate around the level and you could also defeat a competitor by jumping on their head in the old Mario Fashion as another option.

So they should take a 3D Mario game and give it a first-person camera.

Even Shigbert isn't that crazy!

I'd prefer it if Nintendo blew their resources on making something like Halo, but with a Woman as the main character.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've had a paper cut. That was most likely more violent.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've had a paper cut. That was most likely more violent.

No, trust me.

Wii U needs a metroid online mp game.

NYCrysis said:
Wii U needs a metroid online mp game.

Whats the point of that? They should just make a new IP. Some of these ips are so old and set in their ways they need something fresh for a new generation.

I think it would be cool. I'm so sick or realistic, adult and brown fps that I'd buy a wiiu for some bright, colorful fps fun. Maybe a 3rd person would be best, so you can see Mario jump on stuff and change because of power ups. It should be more similar to the more fastpaced old fps than the hide behind corners modern stuff.