By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Anari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Anari said:

Oh, then I meant some other Sony Ip that is developed by an external studio. Can't remember which.

My point still stands, W101 is indeed a Nintendo IP.

Which proves my point. Nintendos alternative games are mostly made on the outside. Sony makes everything on the inside but also uses outside talent much like Nintendo. The reasons are different though. These days Sony pumps out IP's at a greater rate than Microsoft and Nintendo.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Super Mario Paintball. 3rd person multiplayer party shooter. Online and offline multiplayer. Mario Kart-like power-ups. Option to use Wiimote and Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Wii U Gamepad, or Wii U Pro Controller. You're welcome.

I knew someone would say something like that. That could work. 

I would think a Water Gun, Paintball gun, Flame spitter, Pixelated Arrows that blow up upon impact, lightening gun, etc could all work in the realm of Nintendoland. 

BasilZero said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Which proves my point. Nintendos alternative games are mostly made on the outside. Sony makes everything on the inside but also uses outside talent much like Nintendo. The reasons are different though. These days Sony pumps out IP's at a greater rate than Microsoft and Sony.

Damn, that is like 1+1!

LOL I meant Microsoft and Nintendo!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:
Super Mario Paintball. 3rd person multiplayer party shooter. Online and offline multiplayer. Mario Kart-like power-ups. Option to use Wiimote and Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Wii U Gamepad, or Wii U Pro Controller. You're welcome.

I would think a Water Gun, Paintball gun, Flame spitter, Pixelated Arrows that blow up upon impact, lightening gun, etc could all work in the realm of Nintendoland. 

If anyone can make a paintball game successful, Nintendo can. Super Mario Paintball is more of the working title. Kind of like Mario Kart where there are motorcycles in it. I'm sure all those things would work in Super Mario Paintball.

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If anyone can make a paintball game successful, Nintendo can. Super Mario Paintball is more of the working title. Kind of like Mario Kart where there are motorcycles in it. I'm sure all those things would work in Super Mario Paintball.

Definitely.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Anari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Anari said:

Oh, then I meant some other Sony Ip that is developed by an external studio. Can't remember which.

My point still stands, W101 is indeed a Nintendo IP.

Which proves my point. Nintendos alternative games are mostly made on the outside. Sony makes everything on the inside but also uses outside talent much like Nintendo. The reasons are different though. These days Sony pumps out IP's at a greater rate than Microsoft and Nintendo.

I doubt Sony has released more first party games for PS3 + PSp than Nintendo has for Wii + DS.

And with the way things have been going for 3DS and the 1st party support I expect for Wii U in the future, I don't think that's going to change.

ChrolloLucilfer said:
Funnily enough I have been thinking about how Nintendo could do Mario Fps recently. I think for it to work they need to take a similar direction that they took with Mario Kart against the more violent weapon based Racing gaming genre. Make a more children friendly FPS in terms of the level of acceptable violence. Which is actually quite simply to do, as all you need to do would be to replace the standard guns setup with the existing Mario power system. So instead of machine guns, etc you can get the Fire Flower, Ice Flower, Hammer Suit & Boomerang Flower as your projectile weapons. You could also mix it up by making jumping ever presence in the game. So you need to jump to navigate around the level and you could also defeat a competitor by jumping on their head in the old Mario Fashion as another option.

Thats exactly what i meant in my OP.. it could work. I mean who would have thought a Mario soccer game could work, or even Mario and Sonic in an olympic game. Nintendo would have enough ideas to make it innovative and fun to play, whilst the Mario brand would drive sales.

Anari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Anari said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I doubt Sony has released more first party games for PS3 + PSp than Nintendo has for Wii + DS.

And with the way things have been going for 3DS and the 1st party support I expect for Wii U in the future, I don't think that's going to change.

Sony has always been stronger with main console sales than Nintendo without having to go casual. Their first party is growing at an alarming rate. If it grows anymore by the end of this gen they will have eclipsed Nintendos IP list.

RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony has always been stronger with main console sales than Nintendo without having to go casual. Their first party is growing at an alarming rate. If it grows anymore by the end of this gen they will have eclipsed Nintendos IP list.

Yes, the rate is alarming. No other company runs IPs into the ground as quickly as Sony. Perhaps we should compare the number of IPs that still hold value instead of throwing all the Kung Fu Riders and PlayStation Vita Pets in there.

Hmm...I thought you would've said that about Microsoft. Sonys IP's have been quite memorable even though they are for large audiences. Sonys games fit a niche for every gen and the core know the games. You don't have to appreciate them. Every company has the flops as well as the good ones. None take more risk that Sony though, but Sony has said they will cut back on the risk and focus on making more hit games this gen.

You missed a crucial consonant there, Stage-kun.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3