By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart 10th August. Massive adjustments, PS4 Still on top

Well the only reason i think GT6 has so low preorders is that People still hope for an anouncement onb the PS4 on gamescom. I havent preordered the game myself because of that.

Around the Network

the-pi-guy said:

How would they do that though?  They have a very small studio compared to some others.

Could you post the source?  All the sources I find seem to indicate GT6.  Thanks in advance.  :)

No source in the Web shows he saying GT6 lol... just GT... the impress that added GT6 to the titles.

Who made this question was Jordan from GTPlanet... he is obvious talking about plans for PS4 and not GT6 for PS4.

Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?

We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things.

First we’ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we’ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version. 

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

For me he was talking about GT6 version on PS4.

WebMasterFlex said:
For me he was talking about GT6 version on PS4.

The question was not about GT6 lol... it was about the plans for PS4.

the-pi-guy said:

Speaking after the game's announcement at Silverstone yesterday, Polyphony Digital CEO and Gran Turismo mastermind Kazunori Yamauchi left the door firmly open to a PS4 version of GT6 - eventually.

"We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind," Yamauchi told a table of journalists as road and race cars thundered around the storied Northamptonshire race track outside. "So for this holiday season, we thought that it would be best for users to release the PlayStation 3 version. I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, to have new content and new DLCs every month, and updates coming in for the game; and once players have thoroughly played out the system and played out the game, if the PlayStation 4 version just came out naturally in the progress, I think that's the best scenario."

Asked if it would be possible to transfer your progress from one version of the game to the next, he could only say: "Probably."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-16-polyphony-considering-ps4-version-of-gt6-has-unfinished-business-with-ps3

A lot of people are waiting for Gran Turismo 6 to be released on PS3, but the title is going to grow gradually with updates. When players will have consumed it fully, the PS4 version will appear naturally. It won’t come too Late, or too early

When asked what he thinks about the PS4, he was surpisingly grounded:

I think it’s a good and neutral (Editor’s note: he actually used the term “Neutral” in English) machine. Since the hardware is well balanced, all I have to do is to make the software happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/13/e3-2013-kazunori-yamauchi-gran-turismo-6-on-ps4-wont-come-too-late-or-too-early-closing-the-gap-between-real-and-virtual/

He specifically says "PS4 version".  This suggests that there could be a PS4 version of GT6, rather than a new game.  I don't think he'd say that there would be a GT7 for PS4, because obviously it'll happen at some point.  But his answer suggests a PS4 version of GT6.

You might be right, but there's a chance you could be wrong also.  At this point there's a fair chance of either.

Read again the original source... he was asked for the PS4 plans... not about GT6.

PS4 will have a GT version... means GT7.

And this part in Eurogamer article says everything "Asked if it would be possible to transfer your progress from one version of the game to the NEXT, he could only say: "Probably.""

One version = GT6
Next = GT7

Around the Network

GT7 will be launched in November 2015.

That's my prediction.

foodfather said:
100% sure those PS4 numbers are over tracked. No way in hell are ps4 games higher than ps3 games in numbers, its common sense, why aren't people seeing this?

Translation = I don't want to believe these numbers are true since it's not favorable to my console of choice so I will down play the numbers.

Blood_Tears said:
foodfather said:
100% sure those PS4 numbers are over tracked. No way in hell are ps4 games higher than ps3 games in numbers, its common sense, why aren't people seeing this?

Translation = I don't want to believe these numbers are true since it's not favorable to my console of choice so I will down play the numbers.

This. 

woah, looks like the PS4 will have a very successful launch in the NA alone

I stopped following the pre-order charts for qiute some time because... well... the numbers are mostly rubbish. So I'm not gonna go in balls-deep this time and analyse too much.

If they're in the right ballpark though, I'm especially impressed by Watch Dogs & Killzone for PS4.

Final Fantasy X HD showed up too! And Kingdom Hearts doing nicely; although undoubtedly overtracked.

And hey... Lightning Returns to the pre-order charts! (Kinda surprised really; it's a long way off launch).