By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - United States or Japan: Who's animation is better?

Who's Cartoons are better?

America 107 21.84%

Japan 368 75.10%

Other 13 2.65%

Total:488

At least as far as the actual animation goes, anime all looks the same, so I'm going to have to go with US. I can't watch an anime without constantly being aware of how hard the animators are trying to actually animate as little as possible.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

Don't get me wrong, there are some classic American cartoons that really defined my childhood such as Swat Kats, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, etc, but overall, the amount of Japanese anime that I have watched and enjoyed over the years and even to this day is far greater than western made cartoons. I used to watch western cartoons as a kid, but even to this day I can find anime that suits my current taste. That's the beauty of anime. There's something for everyone. All you have to do is search.

What are we counting for this poll? Are movies included? Does it have to be hand drawn animation? Because if we're counting any and all animation Pixar destroys everything and gives America the win by default.

Lulz said:
What are we counting for this poll? Are movies included? Does it have to be hand drawn animation? Because if we're counting any and all animation Pixar destroys everything and gives America the win by default.

lol

My opinion:

Movies: US animation >> JP Animation

TV Show: JP animation >> US animation

Around the Network

My favorite American ones are

Batman: the animated series
South park
Rocco's modern life
Sponge bob

King if the hill

Boondocks

My problem with American shows is they ever end. Uk doesn't have this issue.

Japanese ones
Haibane renmei
Ghost in the shell
Planetes
Steins gate
NanA

There's a lot of other good ones, I find it irritating that this turns into a dick measuring contest when both have a lot of acclaim. I don't see it as us vs Japan... Because those are all pretty much better than all shows everywhere imo. Japanese plot is a bit more varied. American animation is a bit more varied. Batman for instance was made by Japanese and korean animators animators as was ninja turtles. Disney had a ton of Japanese animators in their heyday.

I like fringe, star trek, breaking bad, red dwarf as much as those shows too. Idc good shit is good

Both have their own advantages, tho I probably lean towards Japan.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Russia.

Japan. No contest is allowed

Click HERE and be happy 

Chevinator123 said:

i respect you're opinion, its a joke

Awesome.